The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 29, 2010 - 10:01 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

that's sooo hip! Cool Cool

Reply with quote Back to top
wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 16, 2010 - 10:50 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Pretty much the size of a Cadillac, isn't it?
One "holy grail" record I found was the "Things Go Better With Coke" EP featuring two spots by Jan & Dean. The A-side label's shot but the record surface is very clean - guess the record got some water damage and stuck to another record once upon a time. What's odd is that the record has a small spindle hole but plays at 45 RPM - pretty weird for a U.S. record from this era (1965).

KentTOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2010 - 09:45 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I collect these. And even transfers of them. I am a broadcast engineer and collect anything related to broadcasting. If anyone needs 16" transcriptions transferred, I am equipped for it. PM if you need any advice relating to this material or history.

troggyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2010 - 09:50 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Not sure if this was used in an actual ad campaign or not but it sure the heck should have been.

DivShare File - The Dodge.mp3

mackdaddygOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2010 - 11:53 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Weird coincidence, Troggy!!! I actually saw two copies of this 45 at a thrift store a week ago. Unfortunately, they were both pretty trashed, so I left 'em behind. Thanks to you, I got to hear what the single sounds like.

Pity they weren't in better shape. That's a fun little tune. I seem to recall the same title was on both sides. Is it the same version on both sides?

troggyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 28, 2010 - 12:43 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

mackdaddyg wrote:
Weird coincidence, Troggy!!! I actually saw two copies of this 45 at a thrift store a week ago. Unfortunately, they were both pretty trashed, so I left 'em behind. Thanks to you, I got to hear what the single sounds like.

Pity they weren't in better shape. That's a fun little tune. I seem to recall the same title was on both sides. Is it the same version on both sides?

Yes, the same title is on both sides. They're labeled Version 1 and Version 2 but I'll be darned if I can tell any difference.

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2010 - 10:41 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Records plugging records are pretty neat - I have a one-sided Mercury promo for two radio spots for "Spanky And Our Gang's Greatest Hits".

DrawerLOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 13, 2010 - 07:06 PM
Level 4
Level 4

Love 'em!!!---I collect airchecks,and that's one of my favorite parts...I always buy spots discs whenever I come across them.One of my favorites is a 1960 7" with spots for 'Country Music Week',featuring various C&W stars-including Patsy Cline.--The disc is BEAT!-You can FEEL the scratches,BUT---the disc PLAYS!!!--Without skipping/sticking!!!----Plus.1960.FIFTY years ago,How many were even pressed??? And after the week was up,who saved 'em?????

DrawerLOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 13, 2010 - 07:08 PM
Level 4
Level 4

wand143 wrote:
Records plugging records are pretty neat - I have a one-sided Mercury promo for two radio spots for "Spanky And Our Gang's Greatest Hits".
Those are my favorite kind!!!!!!---Although,not on vinyl-I have an EIGHT cd set of spots for albums & concerts,as well as spots done by bands....

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Oct 18, 2010 - 11:24 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

CD's are OK but I'd rather search for the original vinyl releases. On hold at my local record dealer: a 33 RPM disc of three spots for the Massey-Ferguson Combine!

Jump to: