The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2011 - 11:04 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Just picked up an EP (one-sided) of radio spots for a biker flick called "Run, Angel, Run". Doesn't show up in my Leonard Maltin guide...anybody know about this movie?

Reply with quote Back to top
anthonyvpOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Feb 21, 2011 - 02:51 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064911/

AND

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064911/soundtrack

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 04, 2011 - 10:47 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Just what I needed...thanks! Had a feeling it was a "cheapie" as the studio name didn't sound familiar.

gertfrobeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 09, 2012 - 10:56 AM
Level 2
Level 2

i have a fresca 45 i found years ago.i believe it was for a christmas promo.i also have an ALCOA SIDING lp along with some other lp's for automobiles.

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 12, 2013 - 11:19 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Just found a double EP (both records the same) in a gatefold sleeve with the original mailing envelope of PSA's for the Cerebral Palsy Foundation - the VO's are done by "famous" announcers though none are familiar to me. Some use actual voices of CP victims (poor choice of words, but you get the drift) and are real heart-tuggers, even the 20-second spots. Not sure when the discs were cut but the mid-1950's is a good guesstimate.

ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 13, 2013 - 04:01 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

wand143 wrote:
Just picked up an EP (one-sided) of radio spots for a biker flick called "Run, Angel, Run". Doesn't show up in my Leonard Maltin guide...anybody know about this movie?

dunno how i missed yer post wand, but I have a (promo) LP for Run Angel Run. There's only
two, maybe three cuts I dig. The cover is badass though. Never seen a 7" promo EP for that flick.
The movie itself was so-so, but then again, I'll check out any William Smith biker flick (his
best were "Angels Die Hard", and "CC & Co"... they just don't make 'em like that anymore!) Cool

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 15, 2013 - 02:14 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

All I know about the movie is that Tammy Wynette sings the title song, or that's according to the radio spots. I never knew about a promo LP so there's another title for you biker flick soundtrack collectors.
Just got word that a local dealer might be getting some old radio station spot records in a couple weeks and I might get first dibs on the lot. I'll let everyone know what happens.

Rick-TV!Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jan 21, 2014 - 12:30 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Clearly I should spend more time in these genre sections.

As a former radio guy, promo records hold a special place in my heart - and on my turntable. Some record store must've closed and ended up getting donated to a Salvation Army this summer and I ended up with a whole bunch of cool stuff not intended for home use, including CBS EZ-Cue Production music and sound library discs. I also got a single-side American Express record with six "Do You Know Me?" radio commericals from the early '80s. Bill Withers was pretty easy; Rex Smith, not so much.

The real jewel, though, I almost didn't get since it looked like a Broadway album. Turns out, it's an "Original Cast Album" for Dr Pepper's "Most Original Soft Drink Ever" campaign, which Randy Newman wrote for them in 1974. What a cast: Doc Watson, Muddy Waters, Eubie Blake, Grandpa Jones and Anita O'Day are all on it. Basically it's a soundtrack for 5 Dr Pepper TV commercials in a nice gatefold cover with a collage of scenes from each commerical. It's more of a gas than my 1979 Exxon Retailers' Convention album!

geo58000Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 17, 2014 - 07:55 PM
Level 5
Level 5

I just scored a Hamm's beer spot ("A Beer is a Beer") I'd been looking for for awhile, so I thought I'd resurrect the thread and post a few commercials
on vinyl that I have:
AIP spots - "Doctor Jekyll & Sister Hyde", and "The Return of Count Yorga"
Go Greyhound! - Greyhound bus spots, on cool looking 7" blue colored vinyl (I know, why not grey?)
(Falstaff Beer ) The Falstaffers - "For Guys Who Like It" (vocal b/w instro)
(Budweiser Beer) The Kings of Beer - "When You Say Bud" (3 versions)
Swingers for Coke - circa 1966 EP with spots by Los Bravos, Roy Orbison, The Drifters, and Lesley Gore.
Great Shakes boot EP - with Troggs, Yardbirds, The Who, etc.

Hamm's beer had some really great spots in the late '60's; I have these on airchecks, but
I'd love to find these on vinyl:

"Land of Sky Blue Waters" theme, - Brazil '66
(same), by "The Eager Beavers", circa 1968, A psych/punk farfisa band

and ...
my favorite, (unknown artist) "Hamms is the Next Best Thing to Love"
the lyrics to this are hilarious...it's essentially a guy telling his buddy, who's been dumped by his girlfriend,
to just "Guzzle a few Hamm's, and you'll forget all about her!"

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 22, 2014 - 05:35 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

This past 4th of July weekend I picked up an EP of Pepsi commercials circa 1984 (around the time they had the "Pepsi Challenge" - catch phrase on this promotion was "Pepsi's got your taste for life") and two edits of the classic Armour Star "The Dog Kids Love To Bite" jingle. Hot dogs and Pepsi on the 4th Of July...seemed fitting.

Jump to: