The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
anthonyvpOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RESPECT.....  PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 - 01:17 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Mr_Analogital wrote:
edit))) - Can't we just all get along? Shocked Idea L. O. L. anyone hear a good record lately.....?

I'll second that !!

To anyone / everyone, IF I EVER tee anyone off, Just say so......I will listen but cannot
promise it will make any difference.

My daily persona is the same with everyone, online and offline.I always give the same respect and benefit of doubt TILL proven otherwise. The only time I'm different is because of business, weddings, funerals, when I'm working a situation (for my benefit) and more formal occasions.

I think I rambled enough. Night all.

GB...Thanks for lettin me give a lil jab.

Ant

Reply with quote Back to top
anthonyvpOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RESPECT.....  PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 - 01:28 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Annalogical....oops Analogital,

anyone that is rude, disrespectful, mean or bigoted never seem to last long or are ignored. I have to say only one or two times this happened.

I like to BS with members...then again I'm full of BS.

gbfrank
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RESPECT.....  PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 - 08:37 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

anthony,

I hear that chocolate flavored Ex-Lax works wonders for that problem Smile

kat1370Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 - 09:20 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

First of all, let me say that I'm glad you are here and having a good time. Once you spend some time here you will realize that the "regulars" are truly good people who share a passion for records and music, each in their own unique way. That being said, however, we are not stuffed shirts. We love to have fun, often times at each others' expense, and I think most will agree that we are as close to "friends" as we can be on an internet forum.

I am not a registered member on any other forums, but seeing as how I have been here for 5 years, something must be going right. I have seen how nasty people can be on other forums and I can guarantee you that such behavior will not be tolerated here. Sure, we have had our run-ins from time-to-time. We have also banned a few members during my time here...but not many. Banning members is truly a last resort for those who, despite clear warning, refuse to abide by the rules of these forums. It is not something that we take lightly...and it is not something that we enjoy doing.

People have good days and bad days...we all know that. Sometimes they just have bad taste in jokes. Most often, it's simply the difficulty in properly interpreting the tone and demeanor of the written word over the internet. While I am sure that the comment you are referring to struck a nerve with you, I can assure you that if someone were truly upset by it, and reported it to the Admin staff, it would be investigated and dealt with.

Speaking of 'mods'...we are human just like everyone else. We have feelings and opinions to express, too. We are not 'employees' of this forum...we are volunteers. If we did not have the desire to be here and exercise the restraint and composure necessary to manage these boards, we would not be in this position.

I understand your concern and respect the fact that you care enough to speak your mind about it. However, I feel that you're being a bit premature in your criticism. In fact, I challenge you to find another forum where members are so kind and thoughtful. I'm sure if you ask any long-time member here they will tell you at least one story about receiving free records in the mail, speaking to each other on the phone, or meeting in-person.

Have we had our go-'rounds?? Sure (right, hrt?). But, at the end of the day, we are all just geeky record collectors who love music and love to have a good time.

Finally, if you, or anyone else, has a problem of any kind on these boards...feel free to PM any of the staff at any time. You will find that we try to go out of our way not to censor, stifle, suppress or pass rash judgment without full investigation and due process...and respect.

kat

SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 - 09:47 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

kat1370 wrote:
But, at the end of the day, we are all just geeky record collectors who love music and love to have a good time.

WHAT ?? @#$%^*(&^$#@

I resemble that remark ! Laughing

Mr_AnalogitalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 - 02:03 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Yeah, I appreciate all of you guys (magic, heartshaped, frank, anthony, SID, kat, and everyone else I interact with), and I appreciate everyone's feedback (which ever way it goes). I slept on this thread last night and I realize that I did take what I saw in the other thread a bit too personal and I did go a bit overboard. I guess it was just a subconscious backlash from thinking back on all the childish crap from other forums in the past, and I let that create a reaction from the little thing I saw in the other thread. Reading it again today, I can't believe I reacted on it..LOL. Again, I appreciate everyone's membership/friendship here and I'm enjoying my stay here very much. Thanks for understanding guys, and sorry again if I created any hard feelings.... my sincere apologies to all in this thread.

-Tony

Audio Cassettes - 284

mojo525Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 - 02:36 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

kat1370 wrote:
People have good days and bad days...we all know that. Sometimes they just have bad taste in jokes.

I think Frank has bad taste in jokes. And it's starting to piss me off.

SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 - 02:43 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

mojo525 wrote:
kat1370 wrote:
People have good days and bad days...we all know that. Sometimes they just have bad taste in jokes.

I think Frank has bad taste in jokes. And it's starting to piss me off.

I respect that......but they're funny !

Fireflite
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 - 02:44 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I just skimmed though this and aside from all the back and forth
I had the most fun in weeks

Quote:
and you're a moderator??? Wow.

Jerry!!! Moderate?? Ohh my side still hurts.

T

anthonyvpOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 26, 2010 - 04:26 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Analogical

I forgot to welcome you to the guild. WELCOME... You can ask ANY and all questions, make any statements, observations or join any back and forth banter. The site members are experts in all fields on music and or vinyl. I THOUGHT I knew a lot but since joining I found I'm learning so much more and I appreciate everyone's input.

Anthony

Jump to: