The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lamasOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 27, 2010 - 05:54 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Location: Warwick ( 8 miles NE of Stratford Upon Avon ) England
Quote:

That's not even funny..that's just an amazing record! I'm envious

..............Now THAT is a much better ........ " TONE " ........to this thread..we are back talking about RECORDS

.ACTUALLY it is even BETTER than it might appear ..........In the UK they put TWO A sides together

The other side was

I've been loving you too long ( to stop now )

FIRST OTIS record I ever bought................

..........................................................but HEY .....not the LAST........ ( lol)

Reply with quote Back to top
Mr_AnalogitalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 27, 2010 - 06:24 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

lamas wrote:
Quote:

That's not even funny..that's just an amazing record! I'm envious

..............Now THAT is a much better ........ " TONE " ........to this thread..we are back talking about RECORDS

.ACTUALLY it is even BETTER than it might appear ..........In the UK they put TWO A sides together

The other side was

I've been loving you too long ( to stop now )

FIRST OTIS record I ever bought................

..........................................................but HEY .....not the LAST........ ( lol)

Hey Lamas, you're about an 1hour: 45min from London, right? I've been through Warwick, just earlier this year. I was engaged to be married to a Brit, unfortunately we couldn't make it work and ended the relationship last month, but I have alot of "peops"(people I know) in London; both American and Brits.

Go to www.RecordCollectorNews.com (Record Collector News magazine) not the UK's 'Record Collector' magazine; but it's a publication that is regional here in the U.S.(Calif, Oreg, Wash, Ariz, and Nev) West Coast, but about to expand nationwide. I'm a feature article writer for the magazine....the current issue has a great great article on Otis Redding, about his days here in Los Angeles and his first amazing live show at the Whiskey-A-GoGo venue here in L.A. ""You can read the article on-line"" and it talks about the new CD release of that live show called "Otis Redding Live on the Sunset Strip". I think it's on Concord Records (who now owns the Stax catalog)...it's a great article! I didn't write that one ..lol... but it's still great!

I'm also a new writer for Goldmine music collectors magazine and I'm working on an article that will appear in the magazine before the end of the year that will be based on "Northern Soul"... I might want to pick your brain for 'bits and pieces' about this subject, if you're ok with that?.. Cheers!

-Tony

Audio Cassettes - 284

lamasOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 28, 2010 - 01:23 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Location: Warwick ( 8 miles NE of Stratford Upon Avon ) England
Hi Tony............one hour 45 minutes from London is about right............and thrirty minuts from Birmingham ( where I work )

...........your work details look very interesting...............whilst I would be happy to help you would be much better off to speak to Newer99..HE lived in the UK at the time and actually used to attend the Northern " allnighters " ............something I never did

I shall look up your lik later

Mr_AnalogitalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 28, 2010 - 03:22 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

lamas wrote:
Hi Tony............one hour 45 minutes from London is about right............and thrirty minuts from Birmingham ( where I work )

...........your work details look very interesting...............whilst I would be happy to help you would be much better off to speak to Newer99..HE lived in the UK at the time and actually used to attend the Northern " allnighters " ............something I never did

I shall look up your lik later

Thanks lamas ...I'll contact newer99

Audio Cassettes - 284

Jump to: