The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SID
Post subject: Re: Record Storage: Bin-style (or) Shelf-style ???  PostPosted: Aug 06, 2010 - 03:30 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:
I can read all the spines fine. I don't have any problem finding any album that I'm looking for if they are in the shelves.

Oh, I think I misunderstood... You mean that you keep the album cover in the correct position, but you place it in the polysleeve with the opening of the3 polysleeve at the top? (I thought you meant that you had the opening of the record cover pointing towards the top as well).

I see what you mean now. Again, the only reason I wouldn't do that is because it means you have to pull the whole record cover out of the sleeve to access the vinyl, and that is what I'm don't wanna have to do. I like to keep the entire record in the polysleeve at all times (unless it's a record cover that is cut in a non-traditional manner. I'll stick with bin style... I think it's easier on the actual record cover as well

Correct-a-mundo ! Laughing

Reply with quote Back to top
Mr_AnalogitalOffline
Post subject: Re: Record Storage: Bin-style (or) Shelf-style ???  PostPosted: Aug 06, 2010 - 03:37 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

SID wrote:
Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:
I can read all the spines fine. I don't have any problem finding any album that I'm looking for if they are in the shelves.

Oh, I think I misunderstood... You mean that you keep the album cover in the correct position, but you place it in the polysleeve with the opening of the3 polysleeve at the top? (I thought you meant that you had the opening of the record cover pointing towards the top as well).

I see what you mean now. Again, the only reason I wouldn't do that is because it means you have to pull the whole record cover out of the sleeve to access the vinyl, and that is what I'm don't wanna have to do. I like to keep the entire record in the polysleeve at all times (unless it's a record cover that is cut in a non-traditional manner. I'll stick with bin style... I think it's easier on the actual record cover as well

Thanks Fonze!

Audio Cassettes - 284

SID
Post subject: Re: Record Storage: Bin-style (or) Shelf-style ???  PostPosted: Aug 06, 2010 - 03:41 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:
Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:

Thanks Fonze!

Hey !!!!!

Mr_AnalogitalOffline
Post subject: Re: Record Storage: Bin-style (or) Shelf-style ???  PostPosted: Aug 06, 2010 - 03:43 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

SID wrote:
Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:
Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:

Thanks Fonze!

Hey !!!!!

LOL... I pictured you kicking open a bathroom stall or hitting a juke box

Audio Cassettes - 284

SID
Post subject: Re: Record Storage: Bin-style (or) Shelf-style ???  PostPosted: Aug 06, 2010 - 09:43 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:
Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:
Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:

Thanks Fonze!

Hey !!!!!

While combing my hair back. Cool

anthonyvpOffline
Post subject: Re: Record Storage: Bin-style (or) Shelf-style ???  PostPosted: Aug 06, 2010 - 10:21 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

SID wrote:
Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:
Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:
Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:

Thanks Fonze!

Hey !!!!!

While admiring yourself in the mirror.

SID
Post subject: Re: Record Storage: Bin-style (or) Shelf-style ???  PostPosted: Aug 07, 2010 - 09:07 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

anthonyvp wrote:
SID wrote:
Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:
Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:
Mr_Analogital wrote:
SID wrote:

Thanks Fonze!

Hey !!!!!

While admiring yourself in the mirror.

Most definitely ! Laughing

Now.....let's get back to the record storage thread.

It'd take alot more space to have my records stored in bins. How much space would 8000+ albums take up in bins ?

Mr_AnalogitalOffline
Post subject: Re: Record Storage: Bin-style (or) Shelf-style ???  PostPosted: Aug 08, 2010 - 03:05 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

SID wrote:

Most definitely ! Laughing

Now.....let's get back to the record storage thread.

It'd take alot more space to have my records stored in bins. How much space would 8000+ albums take up in bins ?

Well, I've got quite a collection...but when and IF I ever get to 8000+...I'll let you know then!! Ha! (I think I can - I think I can - I think I can....)

Audio Cassettes - 284

T-BoneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2010 - 04:18 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

All of my albums are organized in a library style except for those that are in the rotation box. The 45īs are in bin storage. If I had the space I would definetly store all of them in a bin-style.

Mr_AnalogitalOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 08, 2010 - 09:17 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

T-Bone wrote:
All of my albums are organized in a library style except for those that are in the rotation box. The 45īs are in bin storage. If I had the space I would definetly store all of them in a bin-style.

Yeah, I'm beginning to see that it's really coming down to a "having the space" issue; for the most part

Audio Cassettes - 284

Jump to: