The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
barkatozzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 29, 2013 - 09:36 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Kansas 45s of Song For America, Carry On Wayward Son, & Portrait(He Knew) were butchered. Spirit Of Radio by Rush is so butchered I have to laugh when I hear it.

Reply with quote Back to top
barkatozzOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 29, 2013 - 09:37 PM
Level 1
Level 1

wand143 wrote:
If you're not too crazy about all that stuff in between, there is a 3:12 version of "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin - it's not bad, but it's pretty abrupt after you've heard the 5:33 version. I have it on an Atlantic compilation album.

The promo 45 version is a little longer with only the percussion middle cut out.

annaloogOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 30, 2013 - 06:59 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

ShadySam wrote:
steppenwolf, on classic rock radio
The original 45-rpm single of "Magic Carpet Ride" (US Dunhill D-4161) was edited severely enough, though at 2:55 it's still listenable, but subsequent edits deemed worthy of radio broadcast were badly butchered. Odd that it was edited at all, when "For Madmen Only" was issued (as a single B-side), timed at 8:46

webkrawlerrOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Worst "Edited Version" Ever  PostPosted: Oct 31, 2014 - 01:11 AM
Level 2
Level 2

KentT wrote:
Let us not forget "House Of The Rising Sun" by The Animals. And the MGM Debut LP even had that edit. We didn't get the full version until "The Best Of The Animals" was issued here.

I thought I read somewhere that on SOME of the pressings it had the long version but the only way to know if it had the long version or short version was to actually play it.

StephenMacLeodOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Worst "Edited Version" Ever  PostPosted: Oct 31, 2014 - 04:26 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

webkrawlerr wrote:
KentT wrote:
Let us not forget "House Of The Rising Sun" by The Animals. And the MGM Debut LP even had that edit. We didn't get the full version until "The Best Of The Animals" was issued here.

I thought I read somewhere that on SOME of the pressings it had the long version but the only way to know if it had the long version or short version was to actually play it.

The original Canadian issue on Capitol is the long version.

Jump to: