The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
B_big.Offline
27 Post subject: An American colored beauty - highly recommended  PostPosted: Feb 22, 2011 - 05:00 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( Cool
    Please let me introduce an recommendation MacJazz has given and which I absolutely agree with:

'Chamber Music Society' - Esperanza Spalding (U.S. limited edition 180-gram 2-LP set, Heads Up Int. - HUI-32454-01, 2011)
        "Includes exclusive bonus content and sneak peek of radio music society. An interesting explanation about this releases intention of 13.40 minutes, and a view behind the scenes of the 'Chamber Music Society'".

Another truly high quality pressing with top notch sound. It's modern jazz and I like it! This release is a nearly perfect production, no warp, no crackling or hiss and an absolute clear define of music, truly convincing, fantastic and superb sounding quality. I'm overwhelmed by the things she does with her voice, no doubt, it's her second musical instrument beside the upright bass. So why stick to music or artists from the past, when there are such exciting and fresh new artists like this young lady and Nicki Parrott, another woman playing the upright bass.

It may be of importance to mention, that this limited edition wasn't expensive, I've paid $ 34.00 including p&p, a decent price for this kind of releases.

the fine art of record cover & sleeve & more
berlin/germany/europe/planet earth/milky way/universe

Reply with quote Back to top
weletthegoldfishgoOffline
Post subject: RE: An American colored beauty - highly recommended  PostPosted: Jan 31, 2012 - 08:21 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

WOOHOO! I've just discovered this thread. Yeah, B_big. She does look lovely, fer sher! And she sounds just as good, too. That's a great photo of her with the bass. I hope she doesn't set that thing down on her cute little foot. But I bet she's got the moves figured out, so she's in control of that bass. WOOHOO!

B_big.Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: An American colored beauty - highly recommended  PostPosted: Jan 31, 2012 - 09:06 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

weletthegoldfishgo wrote:
WOOHOO! I've just discovered this thread. Yeah, B_big. She does look lovely, fer sher! And she sounds just as good, too. That's a great photo of her with the bass. I hope she doesn't set that thing down on her cute little foot. But I bet she's got the moves figured out, so she's in control of that bass. WOOHOO!

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( Cool
    Thanks for your kind feedback! .

the fine art of record cover & sleeve & more
berlin/germany/europe/planet earth/milky way/universe

Jump to: