The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lizziebmeOffline
22 Post subject: Innersleeve artwork?  PostPosted: Mar 04, 2011 - 05:13 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Question I purchased a Beatles album at a thrift store and got home to find the inner sleeve has artwork by a signature I cannot read, but has the Jefferson Airplane's "After Bathing At Baxters" lyrics on it along with a lot of other wonderful artwork. Can someone tell me what this sleeve is? Does it go with that JA album? I cannot find any picture of it online? Thank you for any info you can give me. I do not collect albums but purchase what I like to listen to. Liz

Reply with quote Back to top
jmillsOffline
Post subject: RE: Innersleeve artwork?  PostPosted: Mar 04, 2011 - 08:47 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

That's the sleeve that came with my copy of After Bathing at Baxter's. It should say LOP/LSO 1511 in the bottom corner. The signature is Nosreffej Enalpria. That took me a couple of minutes to decipher (hint: band members drew the pictures).

lizziebmeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 05, 2011 - 12:35 AM
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much for the info JMills. Just what I needed to know. The strange thing about this whole thing was that the album I bought at the thrift store was the Beatles Sgt. Peppers and not only was there a pristine album in this Jefferson Airplane sleeve, but another copy of the same Beatles album was loose inside the hindged cover so I got lots of bonuses for $.99!

Liz Very Happy

B_big.Offline
26 Post subject: A lucky day  PostPosted: Mar 05, 2011 - 02:34 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

lizziebme wrote:
Thank you so much for the info JMills. Just what I needed to know. The strange thing about this whole thing was that the album I bought at the thrift store was the Beatles Sgt. Peppers and not only was there a pristine album in this Jefferson Airplane sleeve, but another copy of the same Beatles album was loose inside the hindged cover so I got lots of bonuses for $.99!

Liz Very Happy

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( Cool
    Welcome to the 'Guild', and congrats to your find, it was a lucky day! Wink

the fine art of record cover & sleeve & more
berlin/germany/europe/planet earth/milky way/universe

Jump to: