The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vinylhoundOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 04, 2014 - 04:00 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

^
Somebody will pay. So as I will always say, you can't have clueless sellers without clueless buyers.
I watch people pay dumb prices for things all day long. Even if the prices aren't very high it still makes very little sense.

Reply with quote Back to top
wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 06, 2014 - 05:52 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

And not everyone knows where to look, either. Even when I was just starting out I was surprised to learn that I could get "slightly enjoyed" copies of originals cheaper than Musicland was selling "oldies goldies" reissues (and even THOSE were selling at almost twice the chart hit price). Having the 180-gram reissue may seem "better" to some people than a potentially "poorly pressed" 50-year-old original even if it was NM. I don't know - it all depends on the person, I guess.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 11, 2014 - 10:42 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321513951196 this clearly isn't an original and http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOE-TURNER-SHAKE-RATTLE-AND-ROLL-YOU-KNOW-I-LOVE-YOU-ORIG-45-HEAR/380993093731 --same seller, when i usta sell by mail 20 - 40 years ago vg didn't mean bad and labels like this didn't get graded vg

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 12, 2014 - 05:44 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

He's got the condition listed as "used" on "Shake..." - more like "abused", Bud - my copy's VG+ and I paid a LOT less than this torched copy. As for the first one...yeah, the word "REISSUE" just jumped off the image.

RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 16, 2014 - 11:40 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Interesting that he says that he spot listened for a sound grade, you really can't grade the sound without listening from beginning to end. There are records that may sound NM but have certain spots that would rate G, and those spots can be missed without doing a complete play.

vinylhoundOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 17, 2014 - 01:48 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

wurlitzer1450 wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321513951196 this clearly isn't an original and http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOE-TURNER-SHAKE-RATTLE-AND-ROLL-YOU-KNOW-I-LOVE-YOU-ORIG-45-HEAR/380993093731 --same seller, when i usta sell by mail 20 - 40 years ago vg didn't mean bad and labels like this didn't get graded vg

What is the original?
(I do have the original Black Label, Silver Print Atlantic LP this is on)

vinylhoundOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 17, 2014 - 01:55 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RidinTheWind wrote:
Interesting that he says that he spot listened for a sound grade, you really can't grade the sound without listening from beginning to end. There are records that may sound NM but have certain spots that would rate G, and those spots can be missed without doing a complete play.

Watch the listing. Some clueless buyer will pay.

anthonyvpOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 19, 2014 - 07:00 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=AARON+LEBEDEFF&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=293645187A81545965A13EC5B4F83B99FB4ADE3F&selectedIndex=10

$700.00........ Thats right !!!!.......700.00 !!!!!!!!! at a local thrift stoer here in South Florida. Everything "new" is between 8.00 AND UP !!!![b]

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 22, 2014 - 05:12 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

It's probably the one with the cover photo pasted over the original photo of the same guy in a butcher smock, chunks of meat, dismembered baby dolls...

DaveyTheWaxManOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 28, 2014 - 02:54 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

On FaceButt there's a page specifically for CLUELESS CRAIGSLIST RECORDS LISTINGS. Talk about some howlers......

Jump to: