The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RidinTheWind
Post subject: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Mar 31, 2011 - 01:36 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I picked this up a week ago, Playing the Field/Gypsy Ways on a Swan white promo.

My 2004 copy of Osbourne put it at $150 to $200, but Popsike around $30. The interesting thing is that all the sales are for promos. Gemm also has a few promos listed for sale and more towards the Osbourne value.

Could the Osbourne value be for the stock copy?

Now, the thrift store where I bought it is frequented by many record collectors. Yet, they passed it up. The only reason I got it was that I was able to give it a listen on a phonograph and liked the music.

Maybe, this is a gem that only few people know about and as word gets around, will appreciate in value, but anyway, as long as I can play it, I'm happy!

Reply with quote Back to top
Vinyl_Resting_PlaceOffline
Post subject: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 10, 2011 - 08:54 PM
Level 4
Level 4

I'd go with the popsike value. Osborne (and Goldmine for that matter) are best case scenarios

RidinTheWind
Post subject: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 14, 2011 - 11:26 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Vinyl_Resting_Place wrote:
I'd go with the popsike value. Osborne (and Goldmine for that matter) are best case scenarios

Definitely!

vinyl1Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 14, 2011 - 05:56 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Well, 2004 was a long time ago. Many records that sold for high prices then find no interest now, and vice versa.

Some areas of collecting are pretty stable, but some come and go.

windbagOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 14, 2011 - 10:10 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

vinyl1 wrote:
Well, 2004 was a long time ago. Many records that sold for high prices then find no interest now, and vice versa.

Some areas of collecting are pretty stable, but some come and go.

Lynyrd Skynyrd flames cover STREET SURVIVORS seems to have taken a fall off the rarity cliff--started seeing them in the flea markets 2-3 at a time a few years ago with some frequency.

namralosOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 15, 2011 - 09:57 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

It does appear to be the case that a commercial copy is scarcer than a promo, though. That would boost the price of a
stock copy. I'm not saying it would be $200, but apparently no stock copy has sold in the past 7 years (since popsike was started).

RidinTheWind
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 15, 2011 - 02:18 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Has a stock copy ever been released? From what I've been able to find on the internet, the only copies I've seen were promos.

ShadySamOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 16, 2011 - 01:31 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

windbag wrote:
Lynyrd Skynyrd flames cover STREET SURVIVORS seems to have taken a fall off the rarity cliff--started seeing them in the flea markets 2-3 at a time a few years ago with some frequency.

I wish somebody would educate some of these local rednecks around here, still asking $100
for that flames cover... They sit, and sit, and sit, year after year, but the stupid sellers still want $100 per copy Rolling Eyes

SID
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 16, 2011 - 02:01 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

ShadySam wrote:
windbag wrote:

I wish somebody would educate some of these local rednecks around here, still asking $100
for that flames cover... They sit, and sit, and sit, year after year, but the stupid sellers still want $100 per copy Rolling Eyes

There are so many of them out there. I see them all the time,and even at $10,I pass on them.

CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 16, 2011 - 03:23 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

SID wrote:
ShadySam wrote:
windbag wrote:

There are so many of them out there. I see them all the time,and even at $10,I pass on them.

I recently bought a NM/NM UK copy of the "flames cover" for under three bucks at a record store. I've also see a few at thrifts and garage sales.

Jump to: