The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Author Message
RidinTheWind
Post subject: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Mar 31, 2011 - 01:36 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM


Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Posts: 4741

I picked this up a week ago, Playing the Field/Gypsy Ways on a Swan white promo.

My 2004 copy of Osbourne put it at $150 to $200, but Popsike around $30. The interesting thing is that all the sales are for promos. Gemm also has a few promos listed for sale and more towards the Osbourne value.

Could the Osbourne value be for the stock copy?

Now, the thrift store where I bought it is frequented by many record collectors. Yet, they passed it up. The only reason I got it was that I was able to give it a listen on a phonograph and liked the music.

Maybe, this is a gem that only few people know about and as word gets around, will appreciate in value, but anyway, as long as I can play it, I'm happy!

_________________
Anyone who thinks he has a foolproof plan hasn't counted on the ingenuity of fools.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
Vinyl_Resting_PlaceOffline
Post subject: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 10, 2011 - 08:54 PM
Level 4
Level 4


Joined: Jul 07, 2011
Posts: 66

Status: Offline
I'd go with the popsike value. Osborne (and Goldmine for that matter) are best case scenarios
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
RidinTheWind
Post subject: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 14, 2011 - 11:26 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM


Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Posts: 4741

Vinyl_Resting_Place wrote:
I'd go with the popsike value. Osborne (and Goldmine for that matter) are best case scenarios


Definitely!

_________________
Anyone who thinks he has a foolproof plan hasn't counted on the ingenuity of fools.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
vinyl1Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 14, 2011 - 05:56 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR


Joined: Feb 12, 2006
Posts: 1961
Location: New York, NY, USA
Status: Offline
Well, 2004 was a long time ago. Many records that sold for high prices then find no interest now, and vice versa.

Some areas of collecting are pretty stable, but some come and go.
 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
Reply with quote Back to top
windbagOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 14, 2011 - 10:10 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM


Joined: Feb 24, 2007
Posts: 1406

Status: Offline
vinyl1 wrote:
Well, 2004 was a long time ago. Many records that sold for high prices then find no interest now, and vice versa.

Some areas of collecting are pretty stable, but some come and go.


Lynyrd Skynyrd flames cover STREET SURVIVORS seems to have taken a fall off the rarity cliff--started seeing them in the flea markets 2-3 at a time a few years ago with some frequency.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
namralosOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 15, 2011 - 09:57 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM


Joined: Jun 10, 2011
Posts: 522
Location: Nevada, USA
Status: Offline
It does appear to be the case that a commercial copy is scarcer than a promo, though. That would boost the price of a
stock copy. I'm not saying it would be $200, but apparently no stock copy has sold in the past 7 years (since popsike was started).
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
RidinTheWind
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 15, 2011 - 02:18 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM


Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Posts: 4741

Has a stock copy ever been released? From what I've been able to find on the internet, the only copies I've seen were promos.

_________________
Anyone who thinks he has a foolproof plan hasn't counted on the ingenuity of fools.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
ShadySamOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 16, 2011 - 01:31 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR


Joined: May 23, 2005
Posts: 16087

Status: Offline
windbag wrote:
Lynyrd Skynyrd flames cover STREET SURVIVORS seems to have taken a fall off the rarity cliff--started seeing them in the flea markets 2-3 at a time a few years ago with some frequency.


I wish somebody would educate some of these local rednecks around here, still asking $100
for that flames cover... They sit, and sit, and sit, year after year, but the stupid sellers still want $100 per copy Rolling Eyes
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
SID
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 16, 2011 - 02:01 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR


Joined: Jan 01, 2006
Posts: 21461

ShadySam wrote:
windbag wrote:
Lynyrd Skynyrd flames cover STREET SURVIVORS seems to have taken a fall off the rarity cliff--started seeing them in the flea markets 2-3 at a time a few years ago with some frequency.


I wish somebody would educate some of these local rednecks around here, still asking $100
for that flames cover... They sit, and sit, and sit, year after year, but the stupid sellers still want $100 per copy Rolling Eyes



There are so many of them out there. I see them all the time,and even at $10,I pass on them.
 
 View user's profile Send private message  
Reply with quote Back to top
CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Jul 16, 2011 - 03:23 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR


Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posts: 11683
Location: Powell, Wyoming
Status: Offline
SID wrote:
ShadySam wrote:
windbag wrote:
Lynyrd Skynyrd flames cover STREET SURVIVORS seems to have taken a fall off the rarity cliff--started seeing them in the flea markets 2-3 at a time a few years ago with some frequency.


I wish somebody would educate some of these local rednecks around here, still asking $100
for that flames cover... They sit, and sit, and sit, year after year, but the stupid sellers still want $100 per copy Rolling Eyes



There are so many of them out there. I see them all the time,and even at $10,I pass on them.


I recently bought a NM/NM UK copy of the "flames cover" for under three bucks at a record store. I've also see a few at thrifts and garage sales.

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/cactuscowboy
 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
Reply with quote Back to top
Display posts from previous:     
Jump to:  
All times are GMT
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 The PNphpBB Group
Credits