The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mojo525Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Price Guide Really Off On This One  PostPosted: Dec 08, 2011 - 08:21 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Just as an aside on that Flames cover -- I never see anyone reference the inserts. Do you find the complete package very often, and if the inserts are included, does it bump the price at all?

I bought my copy when it came out. I was big fan at the time . . . actually had tickets to see them in Columbus that Oct. 28, a week after the crash. (Stupidly, I didn't keep them. Being a high school kid and all, I returned them to the then equivalent of Ticketmaster to get my money back. Few things are more important than cash when you're 17.)

Anyway, my copy came with two 8 1/2 x 11 inserts -- one listing the 1977-78 tour (which is kind of interesting in a macabre kind of way now) with the track listing and credits on the other side; the other insert is an offer to buy merch -- a T-shirt, pendant or booklet; the Lynyrd Skynyrd Survival Kit, they called it. The flip side lists their previous five releases, asking fans to check which of those albums they own (album, 8-track, cassette) with a few other questions, like "Have you seen us live? ___ of course ___ would like to." Others, like "What's your favorite radio station?" Age, gender, the usual marketing stuff.

Just thought I'd add it to the discussion -- give Skynyrd fans something else to look for on their outings.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: