The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
alexleedrakeOffline
Post subject: Attention Toronto, Ontario collectors!  PostPosted: Sep 07, 2011 - 10:26 PM
Level 2
Level 2

Greetings fellow vinyl junkies,

Wondering if anybody in the Toronto area is interested in getting together, possibly on a Saturday afternoon, to hit some downtown used vinyl shops or just to talk about collecting. My friends like music but none are collectors (don't care about first pressings, rare labels or obscure artists). I've been collecting for quite a while and am working on a database on 45s from the 60s/70s including many obscurities. Perhaps I have some info you could use and maybe there are things you may be able to tell me. I hesitated for a long while before posting this message because I know you all don't know me and I may not get a response. However I am sincere in my desire to meet other collectors and thought I'd give it a shot. If you like 60s/70s pop/rock especially British invasion, folk rock, garage, psych and even late 70s new wave and are at all interested please PM me. You may find it worth your while. That's all.

Regards,
Les

Reply with quote Back to top
annaloogOffline
Post subject: Re: Attention Toronto, Ontario collectors!  PostPosted: Sep 12, 2011 - 07:06 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

alexleedrake wrote:
... because I know you all don't know me and ....
I remember you from your posts and PMs a few years ago. As I recall, you had (hopefully, still have) most of the Elektra EK-45600 series singles, both the Canadian and US issues. Unfortunately I don't live in Toronto ... let alone within driving distance. Welcome back, all the same.

alexleedrakeOffline
Post subject: Attention Toronto, Ontario collectors!  PostPosted: Sep 14, 2011 - 12:12 AM
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Annaloog. Yes I still have the Elektra 45s but haven't been able to add any new ones to the series. The ones I still need (about 4) seem to be impossible to find (if they even exist). Though I have a few Canadian 45s I mainly collect US pressings. Anyway, hope you're doing well and it's good to be back.

blockmanOffline
Post subject: RE: Attention Toronto, Ontario collectors!  PostPosted: Oct 16, 2011 - 07:07 PM
Level 2
Level 2

glad to see other Torontonians here I have been buying vinyl I like for years but not much of a collector when it comes to knowing whats what and whats super rare though ive learned to spot trash when I see it haha (i think) any tips or stores youd reccomend?

Jump to: