The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
charles127Offline
Post subject: Songs and Pictures of the fabulous Beatles  PostPosted: Nov 26, 2011 - 04:46 PM
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know a lot about record collecting or pricing, but my question is; I have a Beatles album Songs and Pictures of the fabulous Beatles with VJ1092 still sealed never opened and was wondering how much this was worth my book shows to different price ranges for the same record in mono and stereo and I do not know which one I have it is not marked on the lp that I have, any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply with quote Back to top
namralosOffline
Post subject: RE: Songs and Pictures of the fabulous Beatles  PostPosted: Nov 26, 2011 - 05:00 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

That is a counterfeit (or "bootleg") item from the 1970's. Since it is not an authorized product, and since those are common, it sells for $10 or less most of the time.

The original album that it is faking, Songs, Pictures, and STORIES of the Fabulous Beatles, came out in 1964 and has a 3/4 gatefold cover.

Frank

charles127Offline
Post subject: RE: Songs and Pictures of the fabulous Beatles  PostPosted: Nov 26, 2011 - 05:14 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Well I Appreciate your quick response, kinda disappointed but didn't know until I asked someone who knew more about it. I have 1500 albums in my collection and had been going through them to see what I did have. Again thanks for your time, if I have anymore questions I will be sure to ask someone on here.

JaytessOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 23, 2012 - 07:04 AM
Level 2
Level 2

I have the original gatefold cover in VG++. I bought it in the 80's for less than $20. What would it go for in todays market?

Jump to: