The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
recordfan
Post subject: When the seller can't take a hint  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2012 - 04:58 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

These records have been listed at least 10 times over the past several months. He started these two on blue Sky out at $9999.99. He slowly dropped them after he couldn't find any brain-dead people to bid on these. The last few times he listed these at $1200 and guess what, nobody came to the party.

If Wurlitzer is reading this, I think he will agree with me that anyone that's really into RAB would never consider either of these things even remotely RAB. This guy is just throwing listing fee after listing fee down the drain. What he needs to do is start these out at $9.99 and put a big reserve on them. This way, he can see how many bids at any price he'd get.

I would imagine some pure country collector might bid $10 to $20 to put this in his pure "country" collection. But no RAB collector in his right mind would buy this as being a RAB record.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?LH_Auction=1&_sop=3&_sacat=11233&_mdo=Music&_nkw=rockabilly&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Reply with quote Back to top
wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: When the seller can  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2012 - 09:47 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

right recordfan, people sometimes see a record on a label that has a couple great rockers on it and they assume everything on the label is valuable. the same goes for some artists that did RAB.

elvisluvsOffline
Post subject: RE: When the seller can  PostPosted: Mar 26, 2012 - 08:45 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Hi RF & Wurl - as someone who has done that same or similar deal- its not that bad of an idea. You noticed it enough to mention it. I would assume some buyers sort from high price to low to avoid the dreck. As a seller - sometimes you are putting up a disc that is rare, unknown, or there just aren't other copies on ebay at the moment. We've seen some crazy prices on the high end too on ebay. Rationality takes naps . - m

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: When the seller can't take a hint  PostPosted: Mar 26, 2012 - 10:23 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

you gotta listen to it and decide if it's really a great rare record that will command a high price or a rare record that's really not good and it will sell for next to nothing. always remember rarity alone isn't enough of a criteria to command a high price.

recordfan
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 03, 2012 - 12:40 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

These same two records have been listed EIGHT more times since I did this post about 2 weeks ago. Still, with that incredible $1200 starting bid.

What's the deal with the listing fees here? Doesn't he have to pay the $2 insertion fee each time, or does he get some free listings each month even at this high starting price???

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 03, 2012 - 01:24 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

i think bob charboneau told me ebay is giving away a certain number of free listings, don't know exactly how it works.

j_loopOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 04, 2012 - 11:57 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

50 free insertion fees every month. They can be used for re-listings too.

Jump to: