The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
namralosOffline
Post subject: Yesterday...And Today on eBay  PostPosted: Mar 24, 2012 - 05:45 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

For anyone who might be interested and who watches the auctions for such things,
the sealed mono butcher cover currently on eBay as item 160768155419
IS DEFINITELY A COUNTERFEIT.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160768155419

The back cover is the wrong paper stock.
As can be seen in the shots of the corners, the cover is not folded like a Capitol original.
The shrink wrap is not correct for the period.
The font on the spine is wrong.

The album may have come from the same batch as this one on popsike:
http://www.popsike.com/The-Beatles-Yesterday-And-Today-LP-Butcher-Cover-Sealed/230415250105.html.

Since it's a knock-off, I wouldn't pay more than about $20 for it, but I guess people like having a "placeholder" in their collection. I mention it here because the seller appears to be unaware that his copy is a counterfeit.

Reply with quote Back to top
heyjoeOffline
Post subject: RE: Yesterday...And Today on eBay  PostPosted: Mar 24, 2012 - 06:25 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

wow...that would have fooled me, maybe for a couple hundred..where do the counterfeits originate?

gbfrank
Post subject: RE: Yesterday...And Today on eBay  PostPosted: Mar 24, 2012 - 08:46 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Japan turned out some beautiful repros a few years back. This is probably one of them.

DaveyTheWaxManOffline
Post subject: RE: Yesterday...And Today on eBay  PostPosted: Mar 24, 2012 - 10:28 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

The card stock looks flimsy...back panel snow-white....yeccch.

Rafter242Offline
Post subject: RE: Yesterday...And Today on eBay  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2012 - 05:30 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Several issues jump out at me as being a repro, including the fact that the cover is not textured.

mackdaddygOffline
Post subject: RE: Yesterday...And Today on eBay  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2012 - 06:23 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Do you think the seller is aware of this? Has anybody notified them about these problems?

aravelOffline
Post subject: RE: Yesterday...And Today on eBay  PostPosted: Apr 01, 2012 - 12:21 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

:::: Dear GOD!

I saw the auction ended up a few minutes ago, it crashed the previous Record according Wikipedia of $4,000 USD ...Final bid was $5,001.99
at Mar 31, 201222:05:49 PDT...damn...damn, damn!

who's going to tell the winner about it? Shocked

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
hrtshpdbox
Post subject: Re: RE: Yesterday...And Today on eBay  PostPosted: Apr 01, 2012 - 04:33 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

aravel wrote:

who's going to tell the winner about it? Shocked

In the old days, before Ebay blocked out the bidder info, observers would have been sending messages to the bidders. Now, possibly, the winner will get the information when he leaves feedback and everyone can see who he is. As it is, I sent the seller a link to this very board conversation back on March 25th; the seller obviously doesn't care whether or not his merchandise is authentic.

edfred2334Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Yesterday...And Today on eBay  PostPosted: Apr 01, 2012 - 08:50 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I also contacted him about the authenticity with no response. When I didn't get an answer I sent a complaint to Ebay, but a lot of good that did. Was definitely going to send the winner a note when the feedback is left and we can tell who won it. Major flaw with Ebays compaint department..............

edfred2334Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Yesterday...And Today on eBay  PostPosted: Apr 01, 2012 - 09:17 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Actually just talked to a real person at Ebay and reported the sale. According to them, they will take immediate action but couldn't say what that would be...................

Jump to: