The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
aravelOffline
23 Post subject: ::: More eBuyer Protection?? WTF  PostPosted: May 16, 2012 - 10:17 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: Hey there, errr...can any of you translate this to a more accesible english??

WTF is this?

Updates to the eBay Buyer Protection Policy and Funds Availability Program

Dear santiago2u,

We're writing to let you know about updates to the eBay Buyer Protection Policy and the Funds Availability program.

The updated eBay Buyer Protection Policy goes into effect on June 19, 2012:

[color=black]A provision has been added stipulating that in some cases we may refund part of the cost of an item to the buyer, and receive reimbursement from the seller, to cover differences between the item described and the item actually received, such as items received with small parts missing or minor repairs needed.[/b] Buyers may be asked to provide written proof from an authorized third party detailing the cost of such repairs. In these cases, we will not require the buyer to return the item to the seller.

A clarification has been included that delivery signature confirmation for items $250 or more is only required in order to protect sellers from losing a case where such service is offered by at least one shipping company. Similarly, when we ask a buyer to return a $250 or more item to the seller, delivery signature confirmation is required if it is offered by at least one shipping company.

A clarification has been made that items purchased from the Businesses & Websites for Sale category will not be covered by eBay Buyer Protection.

A provision has been added regarding the relationship between eBay Buyer Protection and the new managed return process. If a buyer uses the process to return an item purchased from an eligible transaction under that process, and the seller fails to provide a timely refund in accordance with the new process, the buyer may file a case under eBay Buyer Protection. [b]If we resolve the case in the buyer's favor, we'll refund the buyer, the amount of which will depend on the terms and conditions of the process.
[/color]

As with earlier updates, other changes have been made to keep the eBay Buyer Protection Policy up-to-date with our product and service offerings
The update to the Funds Availability program goes into effect 30 days after delivery of this notice to you:

[color=red]To better protect our consumers, eBay has at times requested, and may continue to request, that PayPal hold seller funds based on certain factors, including but not limited to, selling history, seller performance, riskiness of listing category, or the filing of an eBay Buyer Protection case. Currently, access to funds from buyer payments may be delayed to promote successful fulfillment for sellers who are new to selling on eBay or have a below standard seller rating. This program may be expanded to include:[/color]

◦Sellers who sell an item in a high-risk category with no recent experience selling in that category; sell an item that has a sales price that is significantly higher than the average sales price of items previously sold by that seller; add a new PayPal account to their eBay account; were reinstated following an account restriction or suspension; or have recent account activity indicating risk, including but not limited to significant changes in listing activity or buyer dissatisfaction.

[i]◦Transactions where the buyer indicates a problem, including but not limited to messages or activity indicating that the item hasn't been received or that the item isn't as described in the listing.

Thanks,

Heraldo Botelho and Pawan Modani
eBay Inc.[/i]

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
aravelOffline
Post subject: RE: ::: More eBuyer Protection?? WTF  PostPosted: May 16, 2012 - 10:20 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::. So, if you don't make a good descrption on the Record you're gonna sell or you Do but the guy don't read --like we know some guys do not read well-- we're doomed to pay a refund? Confused

What's this?? hold your funds?? they've done that to me recently...but why? just because I didn't sold a thing for a year?

Please...they're almost asking the record sellers to close the door...from outside. Evil or Very Mad

gypsyeyes wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
hrtshpdbox
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 17, 2012 - 05:53 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

The "holding of funds" hasn't happened to me, but it has to people I know. If you sell a high value item in a category you've never sold in before (or for at least a year), PayPal might hold your funds until feedback is received. Or, if you typically list 10 items but now you've listed 1000, they might hold your proceeds for a period of time. There's plenty of rules they've constructed, all designed to protect them in case a seller disappears and they can't access his account to refund buyers.

aravelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 17, 2012 - 02:31 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::...Unfair to the Seller! IMO hsb

Because we've dealing with the No NEGATIVE Feedback for Buyers...plenty of cases I've read here at the RCG that some fellows just don't pay for items won.

Fine, if eBay/Paypal are doing their job, but certainly, we sell good records, state of the art packaging and suddendly a newbie didn't read the description, or thought "it was a cd" or some stuff like that and we must return the money, and probably you won't see your item again, or is it duplicated, or damaged, or changed for another copy, whatever...Geez...

This is getting way too much complicated for international sellers, as Latin America mail is not as fast or efficient like the US or Europe...don't know if I ever want to go sell on the bay. Confused

gypsyeyes wrote:

elvisluvsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 24, 2012 - 11:56 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I didn't really read it yet- in my inbox it looks like ebay might be adding some seller protection.

Jump to: