The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lbullockOffline
Post subject: Beatles Odeon: "Beatles Second Album"  PostPosted: Jul 09, 2012 - 02:02 PM
Level 2
Level 2

This is a complicated one. Recently I acquired a copy of an Odeon pressing of "The Beatle's Second Album" ZTOX 5558. It's in mint condition, doesn't look like it's ever been played. HOWEVER, the sleeve is "Something New" STO 83-756 in VERY GOOD condition. Got this item for five bucks. I don't really care if the value is decreased, as I'm a dabbler and kind of enjoy these little happenstance things, but I'm curious as to how much the value of the vinyl is decreased as I understand these ZTOX pressings are first pressings and quite rare. Any thoughts?

Reply with quote Back to top
namralosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 10, 2012 - 09:34 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

With the correct cover (looks very similar but reads "The Beatles Second Album" and has the right catalog number), that German album would be worth $400 or more. It was one of a few albums pressed in 1964 and sold at foreign PX (military) shops.

lbullockOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 10, 2012 - 11:10 AM
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for the info.

Jump to: