The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AudioGasoline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 07, 2012 - 12:04 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

RidinTheWind wrote:
Quote:
But, are you saying a buyer might claim deception if the record plays better than described? Not impossible, I suppose.

No, I mean that he may buy the record and then run across another copy without the flaws. In other words, Murphy's Law might come into play.

Ahhh, I see what you mean... yes, good reason to use the qualifier "all copies I've come across so far".

Audio Gasoline: High Performance Turntable Fuel

Reply with quote Back to top
nealumphredOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 14, 2012 - 02:41 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

FELLOW GUILDERS

I have addressed this/these issue(s) in many of my long outta print books and I believe I have here at RCG.

I have met collectors that have copies of my books so tattered and worn that I wouldn't even attempt to guess how many times the owner has used the damn things.

But . . . BUT, if I ask the collector what he has to say on the section in my book on grading, invariably he has not read it . . .

I have also stated in print something along the lines of "If 12 year old baseball card and comic book collectors can learn how to grade, why can't 40 year old record collectors?"NEAL

ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 14, 2012 - 09:40 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

nealumphred wrote:
I have met collectors that have copies of my books so tattered and worn that I wouldn't even attempt to guess how many times the owner has used the damn things...

ha, so you've seen my 1985 copy, eh? Laughing

Jump to: