The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hood1982Offline
Post subject: Ky. Rappers go worldwide!!! Feat. JOHNNY DEPP  PostPosted: Oct 20, 2012 - 01:02 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Some Kentucky rap vets are getting some attention nation/worldwide finally! After grinding on the underground scene for some 15 years, they have now caught the attention of A LOT of people who've been asleep on these cats. In part due to their most recent joint that features a narration from the one, the only, Johnny Depp aka Mr. Stench! After write-ups across the web including Perez Hilton they have come into a well deserved spotlight.
Expect nothing but bigger and better things in the near future.

Check out the newest "Street Runners" feat. Mr. Stench....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5fgbnT8sag

Also, you can grab the whole joint "Collective Bargaining" on Itunes!

Big ups to Jup - Kae State - Rob Jackson! Ky. Stand up!!!!!

Reply with quote Back to top
ChadFromCanadaOffline
Post subject: RE: Ky. Rappers go worldwide!!! Feat. JOHNNY DEPP  PostPosted: Oct 31, 2012 - 09:05 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I used to be really big into Dirty South stuff and I didn't think I had ever heard anybody from Kentucky before, but I googled and it turns out that Nappy Roots were formed there (Awnaw is great). The song is okay, but the beat is a little weak in my opinion, reminds me of something from about '07 rather than 2012.

hood1982Offline
Post subject: RE: Ky. Rappers go worldwide!!! Feat. JOHNNY DEPP  PostPosted: Jun 05, 2013 - 12:27 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Sad update......my close friend Jup passed away on June 2 2013 from complications from diabetes. He never even knew he had it. Went to ICU on Wed. and gone on Sunday at 34.....so if u think u may be prone to this please get checkd out b4 its too late. It will destoy u in no time flat. RIP Da'Mon "Jup" Norris....gone but never forgotten..

Jump to: