The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
steelybyrneOffline
Post subject: Seattle Record Show, Sunday March 10  PostPosted: Mar 08, 2013 - 09:07 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I just found out about this show today from Brian, who lives close to me in the Juanita area of Kirkland, iirc). I have not reserved a table but I will attend with a paper copy of what I have left to sell (revising availability and pricing almost as I type this Razz

http://www.recordshowsofamerica.com/msamplesjaolcom.html

The show will take place in the 'Fidalgo Room' at the Seattle Center. Doors open at 10 and the show will go until 5. Admission is $3 to attend ($2 with donation of a can of food to benefit Northwest Harvest).

I would love to meet y'all there and if you contact johnsalpina@gmail.com (NOT my Yahoo address, I'm phasing that P-O-S out) maybe we can arrange a direct sale. New Dropbox lists should be online tomorrow.

John

Reply with quote Back to top
ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 10, 2013 - 09:11 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

that's hip about the canned food. I hope my bud Stoney can hit it.
Wish the (seldom/few) conventions around here were as good as ya'lls!!

Former Member
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2013 - 08:47 AM

I attended that record show pretty good turnout. Donated food to NW Harvest and bought good records. ShadySam hopefully someday you can make a record show up here in the Pacific Northwest.

steelybyrneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2013 - 11:11 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

After spending 8+ hours Friday & Saturday and another 4 on Sunday revising my lists I did not have the time to grab a can of food. I did make it to the show at the Seattle Center by 1 (it closed at 4) and met a few good contacts. Surprisingly, none of the sellers that I spoke with had ever heard of RCG Shocked
As a 'representative' of this fine & fun site, I wish that I would have printed up some 'business cards" with RCG website info. I verbally told some sellers but none of them bothered to write it down (although they did make note of the '.org' domain).

The last time that I had attended the Seattle show was in 2009 and I vaguely remembered where the 'Fidalgo Room' was located. After ignoring my TomTom nav lady's turn instructions (owing to the Mercer Mess road construction) I was able to park for a mere $3 + tax. I entered the Center near the EMP and scoped out a fixed map in order to get my bearings.

There was a nice young lady a few steps ahead of me who had just checked out the map. As she was carrying an 18 x 18" sized bag I surmised that she was headed to Fidalgo as well. I caught up with her at the next map and asked if she was record shopping and she cheerfully said "Yes" (I said that her bag size was kind of a giveaway Surprised ) so we walked along together. I told her that I had been to the show around 4 years ago and sort of remembered where the Fidalgo Room was. We walked past other Northwest Rooms, all of which had name signage (fairly clearly) displayed on an exterior wall, but when it came to Fidalgo I was only able to see that name on a sign that was hanging inside of the room, albeit 'visible' from outside via a window.

- - Kurt Cobain

SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2013 - 11:17 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

So,did any of you guys find anything ?

steelybyrneOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2013 - 11:43 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I lost track of the cute redhead with the bag (she was buying) and was able to network a bit with one buyer who had an 'I Buy Records" sign. He is from Portland so I gave him my info and we may get together (almost wrote "hook up" Embarassed ) in a week. I had burned a CD of my lists and gave it to him along with my phone #. I also printed 2 pages of my lists as a representative sample of my grading. He has asked me to hold everything until he contacts me in a week (he's interested in possibly picking what I have left).

Fyi SID, I was not buying at all. Fun to talk with 1 gent abut the 60s era oversized Japanese Obi strips. Apparently they were about 4" wide when originally released and vere very prone to folding. Supposed to be worth MAJOR $$ nowadays.....

- - Kurt Cobain

Former Member
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2013 - 02:54 PM

I couldn't find other records that I am after,bought these records pictured below.

SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2013 - 03:07 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

How's that 'Prints Of Darkness' album,Stonewall ?

ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 11, 2013 - 03:39 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

SID wrote:
How's that 'Prints Of Darkness' album,Stonewall ?

I'm as curious as Sid, Stoney- spill the beans, bro!! Heavyrock/psych/what?
Super classic on "They Only Come Out At Night". Surprised you didn't already own that LP

Former Member
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 02, 2013 - 09:52 AM

Prints Of Darkness a few heavy psych tracks and a couple of pop psych tracks. It'a gatefold cover that has a booklet attached inside.

Jump to: