The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
opperknockityOffline
Post subject: 78 LP Audiophile Lable AP-13  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2013 - 08:39 PM
Level 2
Level 2

What can you tell me about the label "Audiophile". I have a 12 inch transparent red vinyl recording of the Red Dougherty Trio and Quintet. This has 8 songs on it. It is a Microgroove recording for a 1 mil stylus. I see one for sale online Album AP-13 vol 2

Reply with quote Back to top
CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject: RE: 78 LP Audiophile Lable AP-13  PostPosted: Apr 29, 2013 - 09:47 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

I have a few 33 1/3 rpm "Audiophile" label discs pressed in red vinyl. Very nice sound quality. The music is Dixieland Jazz. I'm aware of 78 rpm microgroove Audiophile pressings being made but do not own any.

KentTOffline
Post subject: RE: 78 LP Audiophile Lable AP-13  PostPosted: Jul 13, 2013 - 09:04 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Audiophile Records was founded by the late Ewing Nunn, heir to the Nunn-Bush shoe empire. His recordings were as a rule the best quality of their era. He preferred working in mono and designed and modified his own equipment. They are awesome recordings even if the music might not always be your thing. His microgroove 78 RPM discs were his best Grade A work. Always Red vinyl. Nickname by collectors who love them, "Good Old Reds". They are worth care and love.

Jump to: