The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
dunce13Offline
Post subject: Help With 45s' Info- Delmore Bros., Dale Thomas, Lloyd Green  PostPosted: May 27, 2013 - 01:17 AM
Level 1
Level 1

I've been coming into more and more country 45s and simply don't know enough about them. Tons of info online but there are a few I'm having trouble tracking down info, rarity, value, etc. REALLY enjoying listening to some of them though. Thought I'd come here for help... Anyway, here's a shortlist:

Delmore Brothers - King 45-966 - Who's Gonna Be Lonesome/Tennessee Choo Choo

Dale Thomas - Wahoo 1104 (promo) - Waitin' for Jim/Nome, Sweet Nome

Lloyd Green - Prize Records PR98-01 Mono (promo) - Midnight Silence/Wide A-Wake

Billy Mize - United Artists UA 50717 Mono (promo) - Beer Drinkin Honky Tonk Blues/Someday When it Get's to be Tomorrow

Johnnie and Jack - RCA Victor 47-6295 - S.O.S./ Weary Moments

Reply with quote Back to top
LoneStarStompOffline
Post subject: RE: Help With 45s  PostPosted: May 27, 2013 - 01:29 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

No real $ value here.

Info on the Delmore's is everywhere. Aside from some King ep's and lps and some of their early Bluebird 78s there's not too much money in their catalog although brother Alton did cut a 'rockabilly' side in the 50s that some folks dig, but I'd rather hear he and his brother.

Lloyd Green was a still guitarist, of course. Some of his stuff is really good, but much of it is neither here nor there in my opinion. Good player though.

Johnnie and Jack released a ton of records. Some good. So so-so. Don't think any of their stuff is particularly rare or valuable except for the debut lp. They were together a heck of a long time. I've got a whole bunch of their Decca and RCA sides and might should sit down sometime soon and give 'em a listen again.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Help With 45s  PostPosted: Nov 24, 2013 - 09:22 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

the only johnnie and jack record i know that's a rocker is "tom cats kitten" it's on one of those special rca promo eps that came with a different artist on each side. all the material was supposedly released but i've never seen "tom cats kitten" on a single.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Help With 45s  PostPosted: Dec 04, 2013 - 08:50 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

when you get to those johnny and jack singles would you please check to see if you have their novelty rocker "tom cat's kitten" on a single, i've never seen it, i only have the one sided pro ep

JoeGOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 04, 2013 - 08:10 PM
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Dunce,

Like Lonestar says, there's not much money in country 45s, unless they're rockabilly. However, there is a ton of great music. It's kind of the last frontier, as most 45 collectors go after rock and soul. Happy hunting.

Joeg

Jump to: