The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
aravelOffline
Post subject: ::: About King Creole MEX - Pressing  PostPosted: Jun 18, 2013 - 04:11 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: My friends

I'm not an Elvis expert, and what I've found doing research does not match my question.

There's the Elvis Presley 'King Creole' Lp mexican pressing named 'El Rey Criollo'.
I've seen it goes for big bucks even if it's in less than VG conditions, for what I saw on Popsike.

Turns out that yesterday, I went to my fav second hand music store. The guy had a copy of 'El Rey Criollo', I had it on my hands, and for what I saw, it's a VG+ copy, at least the Jacket, very clean despite a light yellow colored sleeve...the record I couldn't do a quick review because the guy said: " $300 MEX for that Elvis"...man, that's $22 USD Shocked

What I need to know is: There was just one mexican pressing of this one? or there was further re-pressings?

I'd be glad to know. Thanks In advance.
Anyway, next saturday I'm coming back for that Creole Guy.
regards, ARAVEL Cool

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
Rafter242Offline
Post subject: RE: ::: About King Creole MEX - Pressing  PostPosted: Jun 23, 2013 - 02:28 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

I poked around for awhile and it seems that there was only one pressing, MKL-1100, in mono, with the standard black RCA labels.

aravelOffline
28 Post subject: RE: ::: About King Creole MEX - Pressing  PostPosted: Jun 23, 2013 - 09:24 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: Hey Mark! thanks for the information.

I didn't get spare time to go get that LP this past days. I'm all up for that Elvis record next weekend. I'll keep you updated my friend (and rest of the guys here)...
Aravel8)

gypsyeyes wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
aravelOffline
26 Post subject: RE: ::: About King Creole MEX - Pressing  PostPosted: Jun 30, 2013 - 03:54 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: ok here's an update: Rolling Eyes

Yesterday early morning went to check again that MEX ELVIS record, I can confirm this:

1. Record I found IS NOT the Elvis Mexican Pressing 'REY CRIOLLO' album from the 60's

2. The Record IS A MEXICAN 1981 RE-ISSUE.

3. It has ENGLISH TEXT exactly like the US Pressing, including text in the backcover, but has 'KING CREOLE' written in english
no Spanish. Tracklisting in the backcover are printed in English and Spanish.

4. Black Labels have written clearly RCA - 1981 hecho en Mexico - logos, the master's voice dog picture, lettering in white almost silvered tinted.

5. The guy wants $300 MEX for that, like I said in earlier posts.

6. In a closer inspect, I've graded VG+ / VG+ this record which I had in my hands.

Ok, so now we know there's an Mexican 80's re-issue of the King Creole Album.
It has any interest? found no info in this release before posting again.

If any of you have genuine interest in this one, please PM, since I didn't buy the album
but I could get it for you, if you like.

Also found another Elvis MEX pressings, no that
famous like this one.

REGARDS
ARAVEL
Cool

gypsyeyes wrote:

Jump to: