The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JayBeckOffline
Post subject: Blind Boy Fuller & Gene Autry Columbia Promo 78  PostPosted: Jul 30, 2013 - 09:50 AM
Level 2
Level 2

I recently started working with a local charity to help them make more money on items that are donated to their resale shop. After digging through 4-5 boxes of albums and 78's I only saw one record that really stood out to me which is a demonstration copy 10 inch Columbia 78 that has Blind Boy Fuller on one side and Gene Autry on the other side. I thought this was an unusual combination so I set it aside to do some research but through all my searching online I can't even find a mention of this record anywhere. I did not write down the song titles or the record number because I thought I would be able to find some info online so I can make a phone call or look the next time I volunteer if that info is needed. I appreciate any and all help anyone can provide about this record plus all the proceeds go to charity so please let me know if I did find something significant here or if I should just toss it into the $1 box. Thanks!!

Reply with quote Back to top
ShellackyOffline
Post subject: RE: Blind Boy Fuller & Gene Autry Columbia Promo 78  PostPosted: Jul 31, 2013 - 07:52 AM
Level 5
Level 5

That's an odd couple for sure. What are the matrix numbers? That may help date the record. What does the label look like (photo or scan would be best, but at least a description)?

hartwiseOffline
Post subject: RE: Blind Boy Fuller & Gene Autry Columbia Promo 78  PostPosted: Jul 31, 2013 - 05:09 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I have a copy of that record but unfortunately can't put my hands on it at the moment. I don't really know a value but I certainly wouldn't put it in a $1 box.

hood1982Offline
Post subject: RE: Blind Boy Fuller & Gene Autry Columbia Promo 78  PostPosted: Aug 01, 2013 - 12:18 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Put it in the $1 box and let a digger have a nice find.... that's the stuff we live for. Smile

hartwiseOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2013 - 05:47 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Yeah, Hood is right. Just put it in the $1 bin and let somebody have a good find that day. But make sure to put it with the Gene Autry side showing first 'cause most casual diggers will only look at that side and pass it by. A true collector will look at the other side too and see Blind Boy Fuller and be very surprised and happy!

hood1982Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2013 - 07:36 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Hahaa yea, great idea with the Autry side showing 1st! Make them work a little to get the find!! I would have never guessed the flip would be B.B.F....that's wild. I'd like to have that one myself hahaha.

Jump to: