The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wand143Offline
Post subject: wand143's Future Appearances  PostPosted: Aug 13, 2013 - 11:15 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Don't know how many of you are in the Tri-State (WI, IL, IN) area but I'll be showing up as a customer at this Sunday's (8/18) Serb Hall record show in Milwaukee, I MIGHT make it to Hillside, IL (also as a customer or MAYBE as table help) in September but MOST DEFINITELY I'll be helping a dealer at the November Hillside show. I am LONG overdue for a dig through a worthwhile venue as this year has been mostly suckish (sucky? suck-like?) and I haven't had any "OOH! WOW!" finds so far (but I remain optimistic). Sorry I don't have the exact dates of anything past this coming weekend, so...you're on your own for getting the dates.

Reply with quote Back to top
digvinylOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 22, 2013 - 11:51 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I've acquired a recent "record buddy" who lives in Benton Harbor. He's been asking if i wanted to go to the Chicago show (I've never been) and I told him possibly in November. Keep in touch and i'll let you know if i end up going over there.

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 26, 2013 - 11:39 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

You'll love it, dig - it's almost exclusively vinyl with a strict restriction on the selling of bootlegs. I've been going since late 2003 and I always find something really cool. There's "early bird" admission of $10 starting at 6:30 AM (yup, you read that right!) and it's worth losing a little sleep over ( when I help out at the shows I'm usually up at 3:30 and my buddy picks me up at 4:30 for the 95-mile drive). We usually set up in the hallway - it'll be at least one table of mostly 50-centers (may be two tables - he takes the summers off to add to his sales stock) so look for a couple guys with a LOT of 45s.

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 09, 2013 - 11:05 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I wanted to add that I'll be showing up at the Serb Hall show (in Milwaukee - S. 51st St. and W. Oklahoma Av.) as a customer on October 20th and will helping one of the dealers on December 29th.

Jump to: