The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hrtshpdbox
Post subject: Seller Running Into Problems  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2013 - 09:37 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Just had to note this, I thought it was unusual. I was about to buy a record from this seller, when I noticed the recent spate of neutral and negative feedbacks. It's almost typical for multiple negatives to come from the same disgruntled buyer, but here all of the neutral comments come from different buyers, and the comments themselves tell the story. And the negatives are all from different sources as well, with the complaints predictably grim.. All of this within the last month or two. With the seller fighting back, pretty much accusing everyone of being a troll or a cyber terrorist. I know it's completely possible for a good seller to get a negative or two once in a while, but this particular seller doesn't seem to be making a big hit with his buyers lately. Selling records should be fun, not confrontational.

Reply with quote Back to top
Fireflite
Post subject: RE: Seller Running Into Problems  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2013 - 10:15 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Quote:
Selling records should be fun, not confrontational.

Smile

mackdaddygOffline
Post subject: RE: Seller Running Into Problems  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2013 - 12:16 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Until recently, I didn't worry too much if a seller had a small handful of negatives. I've come to realize that some sellers are just lucky and have customers who don't demand that the item they purchased actually be properly graded.

I pay more attention nowadays (although the number of times I buy via ebay has dropped a lot due to sellers like this). If this dude had something I wanted, I wouldn't buy from him solely because of the negative reviews.

j_loopOffline
Post subject: RE: Seller Running Into Problems  PostPosted: Aug 18, 2013 - 12:39 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

That's one bad month for feedback. I obviously have no idea of the details of these complaints, but the seller wasn't particularly tactful in a few of his replies.

hrtshpdbox
Post subject: Re: RE: Seller Running Into Problems  PostPosted: Aug 20, 2013 - 09:20 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Fireflite wrote:
Quote:
Selling records should be fun, not confrontational.

Smile

Why is that funny? Try, difficult though the task may be, to provide an answer that is comprehensible.

Fireflite
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Seller Running Into Problems  PostPosted: Aug 20, 2013 - 03:31 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

The fact that selling records should be fun, and is in fact sometimes confrontational is amusing.

I don't ever use smileys, what I did in fact do was type colonhypencloseparentheses which is the nearest to a grin.
Obviously deus ex machina translated for me, despite disabled smileys, in order to assist in your cardio workout regimen.
Were I ecstatic I would have typed colonhypencapd thus probably creating the same effect. I'm not about to experiment.
How did we survive without these small gratuitous assists from the cyber world.

It doesn't actually look like a question, so my whatever is just a comment not an answer, generally agreeing with your statement.
Were it a question I would have no answer. The events stated are just part of the magic of selling on the bay.

j_loopOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Seller Running Into Problems  PostPosted: Aug 21, 2013 - 11:53 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I think you jinxed him. He got 2 more negatives the same day you started this thread.

Jump to: