The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
macqueenOffline
Post subject: A Day in the Life of the Beatles booklet  PostPosted: Oct 24, 2013 - 09:02 PM
Level 2
Level 2

I have found a booklet with John Lennon and Yoko Ono on the cover. The Cover reads A Day In The Life Of The Beatles. It also depicts the the cover, stating John Lennon in a London art gallery with Japanese artist Yoko Ono. It's black and white, but then the center is a colored comic book with a story called Pepper Land. I can't seem to find anything about this. I'm interested in finding out more about this such as value, when it came out, was it inserted in one of the albums, was it a promo copy? Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Reply with quote Back to top
Rafter242Offline
Post subject: RE: A Day in the Life of the Beatles booklet  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2013 - 04:27 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Maybe you can Google or Google Image search and narrow down the choices. There are a bunch of publications with the title A Day in the Life and also Pepper Land.
It was not an insert in any of the albums. Many publications/booklets were issued to take advantage of Beatlemania.
I did try to search, but like I said, too hard to narrow down without more info.

macqueenOffline
Post subject: RE: A Day in the Life of the Beatles booklet  PostPosted: Nov 03, 2013 - 10:06 PM
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for the reply. This is why I decided to post here. I couldn't find any info on the internet about it. Making me wonder if I have a very rare item. I am trying to price out a collection before I post for sale. Very difficult to do when no info is available. It is possible that it is some sort of promo. If anyone else has any ideas, I love to hear them. I'm determined to find out more.

CaptainVagueOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 05, 2013 - 10:29 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

By the title and the Pepperland comic, it would place this item around 1968. What you have to keep in mind during this period of their career there was so much mass marketing of everything Beatles it was difficult to control. There were thousands and thousands of booklets, magazines, post cards, stamps, and stickers. What you have might seem unusual and rare but just go to a Beatlefest and you quickly see that there are tons of oddball booklets. The usually don't go for more than $30. Good Luck!

"When he did show up we had a hard time finding something for him to do. Then one day he shows up and puts that great slide on "No Expectations". That was the last contribution I think Brian ever made." - Mick Jagger

macqueenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 05, 2013 - 10:03 PM
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for the feedback. I did find that you are correct, Captain Vague, it was published in 1968. The publisher is Pyramid Publications and King Features Syndicate. The illustrations are by Peter Max and the black and white photos are of the Beatles on the set of "Yellow Submarine and other films. Unfortunately, that was all I was able to get from the New York Public Library. I was hoping to see how many are out there and what value it has. Should I sell it or hang on to it? Thanks again for your insight.

CaptainVagueOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 06, 2013 - 09:43 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Here's an example by the same publisher and King Features from the same year. Like I said around $30.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beatles-Yesterdy-Today-Tomorrow-Yellow-Sub-Mag-1968-/141102003003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20da55b33b

"When he did show up we had a hard time finding something for him to do. Then one day he shows up and puts that great slide on "No Expectations". That was the last contribution I think Brian ever made." - Mick Jagger

macqueenOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 06, 2013 - 03:11 PM
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you!!! Very helpful!!!!

Jump to: