The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ciaraOffline
Post subject: Value of 1917 Tchaikovsky  PostPosted: Oct 29, 2013 - 06:42 AM
Level 1
Level 1

I have an original Tchaikovsky dated 1917 in its original cover (hard back).Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No1 with The London Philhamonic Orchestra. On the inside it is dated 1917. It is in its original hard back cover somewhat like a book. It is in okay to reasonable condition given its age. It contains 4 records. Columbia Masterworks, MM318-1 to MM318-8.All records are working perfectly with no damage whatsoever.

Maybe you could put a ball park value on this

Reply with quote Back to top
GraemeOffline
Post subject: RE: Value of 1917 Tchaikovsky  PostPosted: Oct 29, 2013 - 10:39 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

Well, the 1917 date can not possibly refer to the recording date, as Columbia Masterworks did not exist then. From the catalogue number, I would hazard a guess that it is from the late 1930's.

I have no idea of any valuation, but I suspect it would not be that high. You would probably get a more definitive answer from the guys in the Yahoo 78-C group - it's more their sort of stuff than most of the collectors here.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: