The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
aravelOffline
22 Post subject: ::: International Visibility & Selling Other Countries.  PostPosted: Nov 19, 2013 - 04:28 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::.. Hello There.

Hey, Listen, if any of you is currently selling internationally, I'd like to get some advice:

1. I use Turbo Lister since 2005, and never had this problem: My Items do not appear on other eBay Sites form other countries.Shocked

2. As I check my uploaded listings they appear as: "Shipping only to US"

3. I created Payment, Returns and Shipping Worldwide Policies checking the boxes on 'Shipping Europe, Canada, Asia, Germany, UK, etc' , but still they (the listings)
are exclusive to eBay USA and Shipping only to United States.

4. I've contact the Help via e-Mail, they just copy-paste the Topic Help on
International Visibility, so it wasn't helpful....check the listing here: Rolling Eyes

http://www.ebay.com/sch/santiago2u/m.html?item=291019537120&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

::...Some answers were found over the forums, and some guys say that I should publish my items on eBay UK...but, this is not right...In the past I never went through this and it's getting frustrating, as I want to get big bucks for xmas selling some records and cds...

Any help, tip, advice or something it'll be well received
ARAVEL Cool

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
hrtshpdbox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 19, 2013 - 04:58 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Can't you call Ebay and talk to them? They have representatives who specialize in TurboLister.

Have you checked for updates of the TurboLister software?

If you check "Worldwide" as your international shipping choice, I can't see how it would come out as just shipping to the U.S.

In terms of your listings, I'd come to a complete stop once I saw the postage amount listed as "freight - contact the seller for details". When I look at the shipping box, I expect to see an amount listed, not a suggestion to contact the seller to find out the answer.

aravelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 20, 2013 - 08:44 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

:::.hey hrtshpbox, thanks for the heads up, but making a phone call from Mexico to the USA to get info it'll cost more than my entire music collection Shocked

The guys told me last night exactly what you just replied. They suggested me to contact the Turbo Lister geeks, because, despite it's the newest version the one that I'm currently using -even has that 'new policy-stuff'- the problem keeps going...as I said, I've used TL since 2005 and I was able to sold to many countries before.

About that 'Freight' statement, it was an old advice from a fellow member of the RCG and it has work for me in the past: it makes people read the fine print. This way, the check out, automatic process it's not able to work, and we can send a PayPal Invoice with correct amount.

You can see this on any Latin American or Japanese, Asian seller, as soon as you see the item description it reads: "SHIPPING TO USA IS NOT $3 DOLLARS, PLEASE READ THE ITEM DESCRIPTION"...

What I mean is, there's no chance for us, to send any LP or CD parcel paying $3 USD at mexican postal services, no way. A new jiffy envelope package containing just a slim-case cd to the USA, (CA or TX to mention some of the closer States) it costs $91 MEX Pesos, and that's $7 USD. A mailer LP sized, made with corrugated cardboard, with bubble wraper inside and fillers, with, let's say a double album, it costs $210 MEX pesos and that's close to $16 USD.Shocked

It's cheaper in the USA to send among the states any parcel, because your Postal system it's efficient and still works. In Mexico, I mean it: only flies and roaches go inside that buildings, so rates are, obviously higher...packages get lost coming from USA and Europe unless it's 'to be signed for' or 'registered mail with tracking number'.

IN THE OTHER HAND, I've seen shipping rates from any seller in the USA getting higher in extremis when sending to Mexico! Surprised

I've read guys shipping to my country or any other in Latin America for $36 USD or $45 USD or like this guy $60 USD...I mean, what's that? I can get a UK copy or any LP for 7 GBP (about $14 USD). Those sellers clearly say: ''...recently USPS has increase the international shipping rates..." and even so, I 'm still getting two cardboard pieces tied with scotch tape with a LP in between...and some of you just can't denied this.

I'm not sure if any other Latin America country has a supplies store wich sells factory made LP sized mailers, like Sleeve City or BagsUnlimited or whatever. But here in Mexico there's none of those stores. Mine are custom made following packages received from Amazon or EIL.com. It takes me like 40 minutes to produce one, from cutting the pieces, to paste the shipping labels, and I like it, because, it's my hobby!

As soon as I get news on my problem solved, I'll let you know guys. Thank You!
ARAVEL Cool

gypsyeyes wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
hrtshpdbox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 20, 2013 - 09:36 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

aravel wrote:
A mailer LP sized, made with corrugated cardboard, with bubble wraper inside and fillers, with, let's say a double album, it costs $210 MEX pesos and that's close to $16 USD.

I'm not clear on this - why can't you list the price as $16. instead of "freight - contact seller for details"?

Any time I see the message "Shipping is NOT $4.", I wonder why the seller doesn't list the proper amount instead of making that statement.

By the way, the actual cost of shipping an 18-ounce LP box from the United States to Mexico is $16.60.

cococrispOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2013 - 03:10 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I think he's listing the items on Ebay.com where the maximum you can ship records for is $4.

Ebay even states:

"International sellers listing directly on eBay.com in the U.S. are also required to specify a shipping cost less than or equal to the maximum shipping cost on their first flat rate US shipping cost."

hrtshpdbox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2013 - 03:39 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

cococrisp wrote:
I think he's listing the items on Ebay.com where the maximum you can ship records for is $4.

Every country, except Mexico, seems to have sellers who list the actual postal cost. In other words, if a seller from the UK or Canada or France wants to charge an American 16 dollars to ship an LP, it states that amount right there on the auction page. For some reason, though, every auction I see from Mexico is listing 4 dollars as the shipping cost - I don't know why.

cococrispOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2013 - 04:44 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Those sellers are probably listing on the .ca, .co.uk or .fr Ebay sites where the shipping to the United States is actually an international rate.

Mexicans don't have an Ebay site and are stuck with .com

hrtshpdbox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2013 - 05:01 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

cococrisp wrote:
Those sellers are probably listing on the .ca, .co.uk or .fr Ebay sites where the shipping to the United States is actually an international rate.

I don't know if they list there, but I'm talking about auctions I see listed on ebay.com.

cococrispOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2013 - 07:39 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

It matters what site you list on. They will show up on the .com site however being originally listed on one of the other sites lets them have postage above $4.

aravelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Nov 21, 2013 - 11:16 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

cococrisp wrote:
It matters what site you list on. They will show up on the .com site however being originally listed on one of the other sites lets them have postage above $4.

::...hello again...that's right cococrisp: as soon as I list any item or 'policy' either on TL or right on the eBay listing page with more than $4 USD on shipping, it blocks the listing saying in red lettering: that the s&h costs can't be more than 4 bucks.

I past listings, I've just picked 'Freight' and then continued to upload, list and sell items anywhere.

Help guys from Turbo Lister section didn't show me anything that I haven't read before on the 'help' section, they just told me that Turbo Lister do not accepts policies at this moment...so I'm stuck on US only viewers. Last time around I sold like 6 records to Italy (The Cure), and a couple more to France (Judas Priests & Janis Joplin) and one more to Sweden ( a David Bowie 45 in 600 USD!! Cool ...that's why I'm frustrated! can't remember last time I sold a cd or Lp to the USA. Confused

gypsyeyes wrote:

Jump to: