The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tw5270Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2013 - 09:29 AM
Level 5
Level 5

I buy my regular mailers here- http://www.ebay.com/itm/150827463404?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I buy bubble wrap at my local walmart or staples in large rolls that are preforated 12x12 squares

If needed I cut extra squares of cardboard from boxes I gather. I know how to make record mailers from boxes based on a youtube video I watched a few years ago.
I will have to start to include my shipping and handling costs in the price of the records when I sell 78's.

Thanks for the tips. I will use them!

Reply with quote Back to top
j_loopOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2013 - 12:35 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Out of curiosity, if you wanted to ship Priority, why did you list your item as Media Mail with fine print in your description? Why not just list as Priority from the start? Also, if you select "Calculate shipping by buyer's location" you can ship Media and charge over $4.00 for shipping.

And anyone who is vulgar in the feedback they leave is out-of-line.

And eBay does protect a seller's right to choose how they ship, so you shouldn't feel the need to acquiesce to a buyer's demands.

Funny that he left his website....

UniversalMusic
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2013 - 01:22 PM
Level 3
Level 3

The buyer is in the wrong. And unfortunately there are a lot of people, both buyers and sellers that are this way. You however, conducted yourself professionally and maturely. Next time, don't give them the option of media mail if you know the item is fragile.

hrtshpdbox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 17, 2013 - 05:04 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

tw5270 wrote:

I buy bubble wrap at my local walmart or staples in large rolls that are preforated 12x12 squares

The bubble wrap at Walmart, or at least any I've ever seen at Walmart, has the small 3/16th inch bubbles. Problem with that is that is that it offers less protection for fragile items than the larger bubbles (which also take up more space and thus require less peanuts to fill up the rest of the box). Also, a bigger roll from the right source is going to cost a lot less per square foot than those little Walmart rolls (same is true of foam peanuts too, of course) Here's the bubble wrap I get:
http://www.associatedbag.com/ShowProduct.aspx?nmb=532-35-02

j_loop wrote:
Also, if you select "Calculate shipping by buyer's location" you can ship Media and charge over $4.00 for shipping.

That's a fact. I like to stick to the 4 buck or less thing though - higher postage prices hurt sales.

j_loopOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Dec 18, 2013 - 11:47 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

hrtshpdbox wrote:
That's a fact. I like to stick to the 4 buck or less thing though - higher postage prices hurt sales.

I've gone the "free shipping' route. Makes combined shipping a bit confusing, but overall simplifies things. Can't say if it increased sales any though...

Jump to: