The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shoggoth80Offline
Post subject: Black Sabbath Rhino Reissues?  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2013 - 05:01 PM
Level 5
Level 5

Hey all. Did a little poking around on eBay, All That Is Heavy, and HHR...
I didn't notice this before, but there are reissues from Rhino on 180g vinyl. I have heard that Rhino does a good job on their reissues. Been listening to a lot of Sabbath recently. It's a band I have enjoyed for many years, and the music still holds up well in my own opinions.

I have Black Sabbath, and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath on LP, Paranoid and 13 on CD, and Master of Reality and Vol.4 on MP3. I used to have Never Say Die, and even some of the Dio era Sabbath stuff as well. Dug up some bootleg rips too from I think 1970 and 1972.

Does anyone have the Rhino reissues? Would be nice to add to the collection I think.
Anyone have an opinion? I would like to hear thoughts. I have seen them ranging from about $16-22 each. If they are stamped out as clean as my other 180g records, I can't help but imagine them as nice sounding additions and editions.

Reply with quote Back to top
CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject: RE: Black Sabbath Rhino Reissues?  PostPosted: Dec 20, 2013 - 06:26 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

I purchased the self titled debut and "Mob Rules" on the Rhino label. Both sound great and having a NM original of the debut, I've compared that to the Rhino pressing. The Rhino is every bit as good as the original IMO.

I have many other Rhino reissues, primarily Jazz titles and have been very impressed with the overall quality.

ManimalOffline
Post subject: RE: Black Sabbath Rhino Reissues?  PostPosted: Dec 22, 2013 - 08:40 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Rhino reissues are usually quality products.

You should be able to find things like Paranoid, Masters, and Vol. 4 used in great condition for pretty cheap. I see then fairly regularly.

The Rhino reissues would be a good option if you can't find them used.

shoggoth80Offline
Post subject: RE: Black Sabbath Rhino Reissues?  PostPosted: Jan 15, 2014 - 03:23 PM
Level 5
Level 5

Well, I snagged Master of Reality on Rhino reissue. Pleased to find a plastic lined paper sleeve holding the LP. Glad that I am seeing this more often with new wax. Has green WB label, which I think is inline with the original issues? Nice heavy wax, looks nicely pressed. Gonna play it tonight after work! Smile

CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject: RE: Black Sabbath Rhino Reissues?  PostPosted: Jan 16, 2014 - 10:34 AM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

The green label would've been used for early Warner Bros. pressings of this title. Enjoy that record. Smile

shoggoth80Offline
Post subject: RE: Black Sabbath Rhino Reissues?  PostPosted: Jan 16, 2014 - 03:02 PM
Level 5
Level 5

I'm gonna Smile
Think I am gonna track down Vol.4 next.

vinylvillela
Post subject: RE: Black Sabbath Rhino Reissues?  PostPosted: Jan 16, 2014 - 03:07 PM
Level 5
Level 5

there are still NEMS releases available from distributors, still sealed.

imports, colored vinyl, etc... still available at wholesale.

there is still buttloads out there, that never got bought up, basically.
warehouses.

they'd retail for fairly low prices at an old school record store.

Jump to: