The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: polka records i own  PostPosted: May 17, 2014 - 08:25 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

i just remembered a funny story involving this polka record which a unplayed copy is in my collection. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNmEh04KX-0 in the mid 80s there was a record shop north of denver which i would buy from weekly. the guy had gotten hold of many new unplayed 45s fro a warehouse. he had title cards made for each individual record. he thought the A side of this was "hop scotch polka" so he filed the copies this way. he only put out 2 copies at a time and each week i would buy the 2 copies of this [and many others] for a quarter each and sell them on my set sale list for 3 dollars. the couple hundred records i bought there each week would go on my list with my other finds and the stash of stuff i bought from the old sun ware house. sadly this record isn't worth any more now than it was 35 years ago.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: