The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
msgisgoodforyouOffline
Post subject: Bobby Freeman "The Duck" Single sided Blue Vinyl   PostPosted: Dec 31, 2013 - 07:45 AM
Level 2
Level 2

Hi. This may be the wrong place for this post, but as my other posts about this have gotten thousands of views without a single comment, I'm wondering if maybe someone in here might have seen one of these or have more information about it. Feel free to move this post if you need to, but if this is a one of a kind, does that make it super-collectable, or just super-rare? Thanks! All of my records came from a DJ cache, and are 90% promo copies. This is the only one that is colored. I haven't played it, but man it looks cool! Thanks!

theduck copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.21 KB
 Viewed:  484 Time(s)

theduck copy.jpg

Reply with quote Back to top
annaloogOffline
Post subject: Re: Bobby Freeman "The Duck" Single sided Blue Vi  PostPosted: Dec 31, 2013 - 08:56 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

msgisgoodforyou wrote:
... but if this is a one of a kind, does that make it super-collectable, or just super-rare?
What makes a record "super collectible" in this forum is a verifiable "value" of at least US $250. Evidently what info. there is concerning your item, is not available to the regular Guild members, or someone would have posted a reply. Just a guess, but this might be a one-off produced by a bored press operator with too much time and blue vinyl on his hands.

heyjoeOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: Bobby Freeman "The Duck" Single sided Blu  PostPosted: Jan 01, 2014 - 09:34 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

The only Bobby Freeman Duck 45s that show up on Popsike are UK pressings that go for about $40. I suspect there's a Freeman fan out there who would want this but Super Collectible? Not likely. And msg, you should check the "sticky" note at the top of the Value forum for tips about finding values. If you check Popsike and Collector's Frenzy and find nothing, it usually means a value less than $25. The blue vinyl does add some coolness and some rarity but probably not a lot of $$.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: Bobby Freeman "The Duck" Single sided Blu  PostPosted: Jan 01, 2014 - 11:14 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

right guys, a record like this is only valuable if it's by one of the top level collectable artists like the beatles or E

msgisgoodforyouOffline
Post subject: Thanks!  PostPosted: Jan 02, 2014 - 07:10 AM
Level 2
Level 2

Cool, cool...thanks for your responses...I figured it wasn't too valuable based on the other sales prices of "The Duck", but it had me intrigued to not find any info about it...back to my original idea I suppose...I think I'll make it the "blue moon" in on of my abstract landscape paintings! Thanks again!...

Jump to: