The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gbfrank
Post subject: Cancer, It Strikes Again  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2014 - 08:23 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Sorry people, but I am, once again, dumping my feelings on my fellow RCG members. It is very cathartic for me to vent on the only on-line venue that I contribute to with any real consistency. There are quite a few people here with whom I can share.

First, my Mother was taken from me by pancreatic cancer. Then, just about a year later, my brother was taken by the same type of cancer.

Now, just a few years later, now, my wife of 45 years. 6 months, and a few days, has ben diagnosed with Stage 4 ovarian cancer and is undergoing chemo therapy. She has feared this specific cancer for several decades now, and I always shrugged off her fear as unfounded and nothing to really worry about. I was wrong. I made the mistake of researching ovarian cancer on the web. I am sorry I did so. I am trying to expiate for this unintended idiocy by contributing to the profit margin of Old Crow bourbon.

I have twin daughters who I can lean on, but I increasingly find myself leaning, heavily, on cheap alcohol. While I realize that booze is an easy way to hide from reality, I also can acknowledge that it is a semi-effective way to mask that realization.

Sigh, I really don't know what it is that I am trying to convey here. I just know that
I feel better trying to do it.

Wish us luck,

Frank

Reply with quote Back to top
kimzterOffline
Post subject: RE: Cancer, It Strikes Again  PostPosted: Mar 01, 2014 - 08:32 PM
Level 3
Level 3

I am kinda new to this forum, but I wish you both the best of luck. Cancer sucks and I hate it.

jmillsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 01, 2014 - 09:01 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Good luck, Frank. My Dad is going through this now.

StephenMacLeodOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 02, 2014 - 07:50 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Good luck Frank,I lost my only brother to cancer almost 9 years any type of cancer sucks.No such thing as a good cancer.

JGH1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 02, 2014 - 08:23 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Frank, you and I are going through similar situations. My wife of 27 years was diagnosed with breast and lymph node cancer late last summer and is now going through chemo. Do NOT take one doctor's word for it. She needs second and possibly third opinions. One of the most popular cancer centers gave up on my wife, telling her she was stage 4. After the third opinion, she is most definitely not stage 4, but stage 3. I cannot stress it enough - get more opinions on her condition. You need to be certain that she's receiving the proper treatment. Call CTCA and schedule an appointment for her there. They're the finest in the land and they truly are on the cutting edge of cancer treatment.

I know this sounds a bit harsh but it's not intended to be - I realize that it's very easy to wallow at the bottom of a bottle of alcohol but that is something you do not need at this point in time and neither does your family. If you wish to PM me to talk further, please feel free to do so.

John

elvisluvsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 02, 2014 - 08:40 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Hi Frank- consider joining a support group. You can probably get some info for them at the medical offices. Hoping for the best for you both-m

DaveyTheWaxManOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 02, 2014 - 09:00 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

F#@ing cancer...my dad is battling bladder cancer...Frank, my prayers are with you, as well as John and J..........

hrtshpdbox
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 02, 2014 - 09:17 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

My thoughts are with you, Frank; I've been through this with both parents. I echo what elvisluvs says above - consider reaching out to a support group.

CaptainVagueOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 02, 2014 - 11:05 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Oh so many of us in the same boat, my dear mother is on life support right now in a Florida hospital. She is dying of COPD as a result of her battle with lung cancer. I have been trying to decide if I should fly down there and watch her take her last breaths or leave it to my two brothers and one sister who are there already, and wait for the call before I go. God bless all them all in their struggles.

"When he did show up we had a hard time finding something for him to do. Then one day he shows up and puts that great slide on "No Expectations". That was the last contribution I think Brian ever made." - Mick Jagger

aravelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Mar 02, 2014 - 12:01 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: Frank, amigo, we all are with you.

It's a tought test for families, but love can wrap around your wounds; have faith and you can count with my prayers...my wife's dad is also in this bitter battle and we know that support most be there everyday.

ARAVEL Cool

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Jump to: