The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2014 - 12:11 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Frank, I'm so sorry to hear about your wife and the illness that has hit your family.

I think JGH1 is right. For something this serious, get another opinion. Also, best to stay away from the alcohol, it can only complicate things and interfere with giving your wife the support she needs. Remember, you are very fortunate in having your daughters and friends at the RCG to lean on.

Things may look dark now, but it may turn out better than you can imagine, and I hope this will be so.

Frank, my best wishes for you and your wife and family and for all the others here going through hard times.

Reply with quote Back to top
gbfrank
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2014 - 03:50 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Thanks, Ridin,

I think that I have raised too many concerns about the alcohol consumption. Please, everybody, don't think that I have reached the alcoholic level! I admit that
there was a short period of time, right after we heard the bad news and I researched this cancer, when I tried to dull the pain with liquid comfort. Those few
days are long past and I/we see only a bright future.

There is a marker that the doctors look for when treating ovarian cancer. The test used is CA 125; the lower the result numbers, the better the prognosis.
My wife started with a CA 125 of over 1400. After 7 chemo treatments, the CA 125 is now down to 257!

Again, thank you for your concern, Ridin, it is well appreciated.

Frank

gbfrank
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 11, 2014 - 10:24 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Oops. wife just pointed out that the most recent number is 209. Goal number is under 30.

gbfrank
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2014 - 10:22 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Update. As of 7/22/14, wife's CA125 was 35! Yeehaw! Surgery is scheduled for 7 August.

We're visiting her brothers in Syracuse, then my family in NJ, before surgery. God, science, and prayer have all, so far, combined to offer us
much more than hope.

Frank

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 23, 2014 - 06:10 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Great news, Frank - stay sober until she makes a full recovery. Currently we have the trauma of my father-in-law's Stage 4 kidney disease and while a high potassium diet will at least keep him around a little longer it's not a turnaround solution - he simply will not be cured. He's 83 and probably mentally ready to pack it in - he's refusing dialysis if it comes to that, so you know darn well he's making preparations for himself. My sister-in-law said he might have two years left...personally, I think it's a very generous estimate.

StephenMacLeodOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 23, 2014 - 06:38 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

That is great news Frank,have a great trip.
Wand take care,try to stay positive,it won`t be easy .

gbfrank
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 23, 2014 - 07:51 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Thank you both.

wand, I'm sorry that you're going through this. Cancers have created a brotherhood that no one wants to join.
I wish you well. I wish your father-in-law a pain-free life.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 23, 2014 - 10:10 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

my thoughts are with you frank, stay positive. -- jerry

RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 23, 2014 - 02:53 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Frank, glad to hear things are improving! Best wishes for a successful surgery and a complete recovery!

Wand, sorry to hear the bad news. I hope you all get through it with as little pain as possible.

gbfrank
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 23, 2014 - 09:20 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Thank you guys.

Jump to: