The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
recordsjokerOffline
Post subject: Hank Williams 78 My Son Calls Another Man Daddy nos  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2014 - 12:26 PM
Level 1
Level 1

new old stock w/ original MGM sleeve. New never played. I've read before that this condition on 78's is not even classified as it is assumed that all were played at some time. Was wondering if anyone could give me any info on the value.

Reply with quote Back to top
wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Hank Williams 78 My Son Calls Another Man Daddy nos  PostPosted: Mar 25, 2014 - 01:16 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

anything that's as common as this record has many unplayed copies still around, i usta find lots of them, even the promos in unplayed condition and from the weather friendly rocky mt region too. the ones from the south and east seem to not stand up as well because of the severe weather and humidity, not to mention the bugs that chew on them. there is no online record of sale [CF] so i would think value would be about 10 bucks, people like these for their 78 rpm jukeboxes.

recordsjokerOffline
Post subject: RE: Hank Williams 78 My Son Calls Another Man Daddy nos  PostPosted: Mar 26, 2014 - 02:03 PM
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for the info. That is disappointing. I have collected 10 or so Hank Williams 78's and this is the only one I've found in new condition and sleeve. I also have several DJ records and Canadian imports. I've not collected many 78's. What are a few examples of valuable ones? I had a McNulty Family, The Half Door, I believe it was, which the buyer said was rare. It sold for $20 and he was surprised that it didn't go for much more. Unfortunately UPS broke it into a jig saw puzzle.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Hank Williams 78 My Son Calls Another Man Daddy nos  PostPosted: Mar 26, 2014 - 07:39 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

best examples hank williams wise would be any of the sterling 78s in new condition.

Jump to: