The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mackdaddygOffline
Post subject: Oh this is just a doozy.....  PostPosted: Mar 26, 2014 - 07:59 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

So I bid on a lot of albums....won it. Paid immediately.

The next day I received this email:

"Hi...I am sorry but this is my first auction and i did not approve this sale. I am contacting ebay to see how this occured and relisting albums...thanxs and if you are interested in them email me or look for another sale time."

I immediately responded that I assumed a Paypal refund would be forthcoming immediately.

No response.

I'm not worried. It was only a few bucks, and I'm positive I can file a case and get a refund.

But...really? Did not approve the sale? Sad that they have to get negative feedback so early in the game, but oh well.

Reply with quote Back to top
camppOffline
Post subject: RE: Oh this is just a doozy.....  PostPosted: Mar 26, 2014 - 08:24 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Sounds like he has no idea what he is doing. Oh well.

j_loopOffline
Post subject: RE: Oh this is just a doozy.....  PostPosted: Mar 27, 2014 - 11:33 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Their response is simply cryptic. I honestly read it about 10 times and still don't understand what they're trying to say. Didn't "approve" the sale? They're relisting them, but won't sell to you? Seriously, I'm baffled. Sounds like they didn't like the price and are willing to take the negative instead of honoring the sale. If they do relist them, in a lot or individually, I'd be pretty tempted to contact eBay about it.

aravelOffline
Post subject: RE: Oh this is just a doozy.....  PostPosted: Mar 27, 2014 - 04:19 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: Here at Horror House named Mercado Libre, people click on 'BUY IT' to ask the seller about tracklistings or an specific song...then, fees are needed to get paid, because: "...I only wanted to ask"

Evil or Very Mad

araevil

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
mackdaddygOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Oh this is just a doozy.....  PostPosted: Mar 28, 2014 - 10:49 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

j_loop wrote:
Their response is simply cryptic. I honestly read it about 10 times and still don't understand what they're trying to say. Didn't "approve" the sale? They're relisting them, but won't sell to you? Seriously, I'm baffled. Sounds like they didn't like the price and are willing to take the negative instead of honoring the sale. If they do relist them, in a lot or individually, I'd be pretty tempted to contact eBay about it.

Here's the kicker....I just checked this morning, and they relisted the lot...for $100.

I paid maybe six bucks. It's a small stack of comedy albums in questionable condition. I was just rolling the dice. They really are out of their minds.

What's worse is I can't file a claim until the delivery date has passed. Luckily that's today, so tomorrow it will be the first thing I do. I did call ebay about it and gave them the specifics (including the relisting and all that). The lady claimed that they would look into it, but I really don't know if that means anything or not. Not her fault, so no big deal.

I don't like giving negative feedback, but this time I'm gonna do it with no remorse whatsoever.

camppOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Oh this is just a doozy.....  PostPosted: Mar 28, 2014 - 02:50 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

That's exactly what negative feedback is for. I left one a few weeks ago for a guy who won an auction, and then refused to pay. I just don't get these guys.

hrtshpdbox
Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Oh this is just a doozy.....  PostPosted: Mar 29, 2014 - 04:22 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

campp wrote:
That's exactly what negative feedback is for. I left one a few weeks ago for a guy who won an auction, and then refused to pay. I just don't get these guys.

You left a negative for an Ebay buyer? I think they did away with the ability to do that a couple of years ago.

mackdaddygOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Oh this is just a doozy.....  PostPosted: Mar 31, 2014 - 11:41 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Finally got my refund today. Negative feedback has been left. I'm the first buyer to comment on their performance, so I hope this keeps somebody else from getting screwed over. Maybe even the seller will learn from it.

I did notice that they first relisted the lot for $100. Now it's $50. These folks are doing a bang up job!

StephenMacLeodOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Oh this is just a doozy.....  PostPosted: Mar 31, 2014 - 06:18 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I`ve left negative feedback for a buyer as well,just used the positive and put my negative comments in.Works for me gets the point across.

Jump to: