The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
throbbingpuppyOffline
Post subject: warning of this ebayer  PostPosted: Apr 20, 2014 - 11:38 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

It is my opinion that this ebay member ripped me off of $67.00, claimed item never arrived. Reporting his name so others can block or at least if he does it again maybe someone can search his name eventually and see a pattern since sellers can't leave a negative.

bijtje88 (from Netherlands)

Reply with quote Back to top
AudioGasoline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 21, 2014 - 10:49 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Did you know that you can track USPS International First Class to a few dozen countries now? Netherlands is on the list. It will tell you if it's been received or if he's been notified for pick up. It's helped me twice in the last year with international INR "claims". Both turned out that the package was waiting for them at the PO, and one noted that the buyer had been notified to pick it up.

You may have seen the scam before: Buyer gets a notice that customs fees are due on their package, so package is held at their PO for payment/pickup. Buyer claims package is not received, plays the game with PayPal/Ebay to get a refund, then goes to claim their package, paying nothing more for it than the customs fees. This was a gaping window for fraud (for years) that we finally have a small way to curtail.

Both times I got an international INR in the past year, I sent them a message about "I ran the tracking, and the package appears to be awaiting pickup at your post office. They may be holding it pending customs fees. Please let me know if the package is not there, and I will dig into the matter further." Both buyers said something like "Oh, OK, thanks." By the end of it, I felt like both buyers knew what they were doing, thinking that I couldn't know the details on their end.

Audio Gasoline: High Performance Turntable Fuel

throbbingpuppyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 21, 2014 - 11:02 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

thanks for your input, what makes me mad is that maybe he does this all the time. He has bought a lot of stuff since 2011, but has not left anyone a positive or feedback at all since that time.

AudioGasoline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 22, 2014 - 01:42 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

throbbingpuppy wrote:
what makes me mad is that maybe he does this all the time.

I think it was a loophole some buyers were using for a long time. Very glad to be able to check up on these kinds of suspicions by getting to track a lot of FCI packages now. Not all countries are participating, but most of the major ones seem to be there.

Sorry about the raw deal.

Audio Gasoline: High Performance Turntable Fuel

Jump to: