The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 10, 2014 - 08:39 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

that's right wand, i just dumped my hi end E and beatles stuff, i don't really care for either of them. i got about 15 to 20% of what i sold similar records for 30 to 40 years ago. next the price of the led zep stuff will tumble, there's so many of those records out there, the internet is bringing them out.

Reply with quote Back to top
wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: May 13, 2014 - 05:19 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

And I'll bet the Lucy Grasso record is going to just sit unless some fool with dollar signs in his eyes sees "investment potential" and blows the money on it. Like I said, the only Ebay transaction I found of it was for $185 - ONE-TENTH of its alleged "value". Still, that shouldn't be a surprise: ideally, a record could sell for 50% of what a price guide value is, and that's assuming it's in stone-mint condition (which I assume the antique mall copy is not). Any defects only exponentially decrease its value and the next thing you know, it's no longer a four-digit "rarity".
BTW, a local dealer was recently complaining about his stock of 45's: "I used to get $4 each for this stuff and people were buying it - now I've dropped the price to $1 each and I'm not selling a thing!" Nope, once they've dug through his "nosebleeds", they pretty much leave the rest alone. It's a shame too - I always find some good tunes there.

kaos01Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 03, 2014 - 08:07 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

It's possibly a boot.

I take it that you are describing 'Boy Crazy' b/w 'Scuba Duba' on Volcanic 1002. According to Jeff Kreiter, there is one known surviving copy.

.......this night wounds time.

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 06, 2014 - 05:44 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

That is a possibility though my five-month-old memory of it recalls it as a used copy, at the most VG. I'd have to drive 60-odd miles back to the antique mall myself and ask the people working there to open the case and inspect it myself.
(By the way, kaos - nice avatar! I used to be one of Cub's pen pals back in the 90s!)

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 06, 2014 - 06:16 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

i just found 2 promos of Cubs best selling record in a collection i bought -- "martian boogie"

Jump to: