The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
chi-guy8859Offline
Post subject: ******* GEMM vs DISCOGS vs EBAY: ARE ALL THINGS EQUAL?  PostPosted: May 04, 2014 - 04:47 PM
Level 4
Level 4

In the world of online record selling, are all things equal when it comes to Gemm, Discogs and Ebay?

1) Which delivers the most results (on average)?

2) Best results for the fees incurred?

3) Best for U.S. results? In the event you choose not to get involved in overseas shipping.

4) Best customer service?

I'd be interested to know of folks' personal experiences, both as a buyer AND a seller.

Copy of Flintstones - Record Player.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.74 KB
 Viewed:  1026 Time(s)

Copy of Flintstones - Record Player.jpg

Reply with quote Back to top
no_dude
Post subject: RE: ******* GEMM vs DISCOGS vs EBAY: ARE ALL THINGS EQUAL  PostPosted: Jul 10, 2014 - 10:45 PM
Level 2
Level 2

US or Canada Audio Mart are excellent places to sell music. No fees and work direct with the seller. I've been ripped off one way or another on all three of those sites you list. But never on Audio Mart or Craigslist.

chi-guy8859Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 10, 2014 - 11:37 PM
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for your input. I', not familiar with Audio Mart but I'll check them out. Thanks!

j_loopOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 11, 2014 - 12:29 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Why choose 1? Never tried GEMM, but Discogs is nice to list and forget since you never have to re-list which is nice for the more common stuff. Also some people will buy cheap records in bulk. Ebay is nice for choice-er records as you probably already know. Not much difference in fees since most people are going to pay with PayPal whether you sell on ebay or not and even if ebay's fees are higher they offer shipping discounts other sites don't so I consider the fees a wash. Results: happy with both. Never dealt with Discog's customer service for any transaction reason, been happy any time I needed ebay's help. Domestic-only shipping is going to limit your market evenly across the board in my opinion. I will say this; I've seen quite a number of new members on Discogs and it appears that the site is growing in popularity for both seller and buyer.

vinylhoundOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 18, 2014 - 10:18 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

^
I wouldn't make money if I didn't sell internationally.

aravelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 18, 2014 - 12:39 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

:: I sold a cd on Discogs, it was easy and trouble free...I didn't even need to post a pic of my own item. Just a clear description and a couple of messages on their on system and that was it. Proof os shipping was sent to the buyer and a later note of item received along feedback and that was all.

And vinylhound is right! 9 out of 10 last items sold went to Europe and Australia...I've sold not so many Lps to USA or CAN...those which I've sent were trades with fellow members of the RCG Cool

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Jump to: