The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Virtualman64Offline
Post subject: Elvis EPs,and 45's RCA VICTOR circa 1956-1960?  PostPosted: Jun 07, 2014 - 08:06 AM
Level 2
Level 2

I just obtained a hugh collection of Elvis' EPs,and 45's,and sad to say I don't know much about them.I got them for next to nothing,and really thought I'd scored.But,as I've listed several on ebay there dosen't seem to be much interest.Anyone have any knowledge,or opinions?I know they are not all first pressings,most are the black label with the dog,and phonograph.Thanks? Confused

Reply with quote Back to top
elvisluvsOffline
Post subject: RE: Elvis EPs,and 45  PostPosted: Jun 07, 2014 - 08:58 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Hi Vm- I wish my items would get as little attention as yours! It looks like you already have a pretty good score. Bidding usually heats up near the end of auctions. In my mixed bag of experience- buyers might pay decent money for an item; but they prefer to start out low. Which can be a double edged sword- more than once one of my items received a single bid in the last few seconds of an auction. I like your starting prices. Good luck-Mark

namralosOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 07, 2014 - 10:21 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I picture the standard RCA labels on this page (under RCA, of course).

http://www.friktech.com/btls/albumlabels.pdf

Dates for the 45 and EP labels are similar.

Elvis EP's are actually worth the most (typically) on orange labels, since those are all hard to find. If you have an EP with a MAROON label with dog instead of black, thsoe are all good.

There are all kinds of label and cover variations. Who are you on eBay?

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 08, 2014 - 09:46 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

the common elvis Presley records have really gone down in value recently. very difficult to sell in any grade below mint.

annaloogOffline
Post subject: Re: Common Elvis records  PostPosted: Jun 08, 2014 - 05:45 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

wurlitzer1450 wrote:
the common elvis Presley records have really gone down in value recently. very difficult to sell in any grade below mint.
I recently found copies of RCA Victor 47-9764, 47-9791, and 47-9960, orange labels, all in picture sleeves: 95c each. The pic sleeves were marred mainly by the shop's rather large bar coded adhesive labels, otherwise in vg condition. Considering that Elvis records are still deemed as collectible, these could have been priced higher, but 95c is the standard price for any 7-inch record with a pic sleeve at this shop.

Virtualman64Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jun 21, 2014 - 05:34 AM
Level 2
Level 2

namralos wrote:
I picture the standard RCA labels on this page (under RCA, of course).

http://www.friktech.com/btls/albumlabels.pdf

Dates for the 45 and EP labels are similar.

Elvis EP's are actually worth the most (typically) on orange labels, since those are all hard to find. If you have an EP with a MAROON label with dog instead of black, thsoe are all good.

There are all kinds of label and cover variations. Who are you on eBay?

rdwsr1964

mackdaddygOffline
Post subject: Re: Common Elvis records  PostPosted: Jun 21, 2014 - 06:48 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

annaloog wrote:
wurlitzer1450 wrote:
I recently found copies of RCA Victor 47-9764, 47-9791, and 47-9960, orange labels, all in picture sleeves: 95c each. The pic sleeves were marred mainly by the shop's rather large bar coded adhesive labels, otherwise in vg condition. Considering that Elvis records are still deemed as collectible, these could have been priced higher, but 95c is the standard price for any 7-inch record with a pic sleeve at this shop.

Sounds very much like McKay's.

annaloogOffline
Post subject: Re: Common Elvis records  PostPosted: Jun 21, 2014 - 12:30 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

mackdaddyg wrote:
annaloog wrote:
wurlitzer1450 wrote:

Sounds very much like McKay's.
Good ear! Wink

Jump to: