The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 15, 2014 - 10:27 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

ty, great comments from those of you who are directly affected by this.

Reply with quote Back to top
ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 16, 2014 - 01:34 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

RidinTheWind wrote:
One might compare it to teaching a toddler how to make a fire.

LMFAO!!
I was in a store a month or so ago. I saw this young girl with her mom in line. This girl was MAYBE
ten years old, and she had at LEAST double DD's (kinda sad if u think about it).
But what was even more shocking was that she was in a skin-tight top that accentuated her
way-too early development. She'll surely be with child before she's 12... babies having babies... Shocked

RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2014 - 12:05 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Quote:
This girl was MAYBE
ten years old, and she had at LEAST double DD's (kinda sad if u think about it).

I seem to recall some news story about some company marketing falsies for little girls. So, they were real?

ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 18, 2014 - 06:41 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Rider!
Her development was hard to miss (her mom lead by example, had her stuff out on display too).
I know that sounds SHADY, but the sad truth is i've seen this before.
Maybe it's just me, but seems like the natural order of things are askew in those scenarios..
Just my 2c. I think those goddamn baby pageants are ridiculous too. Trying to make a six year
old girl look grown/sexy. Then people are outraged when some creepy perv pedophile does
the unthinkable....sheesh.

RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 19, 2014 - 02:27 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

This woman I used to work with wore tight spandex clothes that left absolutely nothing to the imagination, especially the pants! So, one day she brought her daughter to work. The kid couldn't have been more than eight and she wasn't developed like the ten year old above. She still looked like a kid, but she was dressed like her mom. She looked like she was out to vamp all the boys in second grade.

CactusCowboyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 20, 2014 - 01:48 PM
R.C.Guild-M-SMR
R.C.Guild-M-SMR

One of my most memorable "How times have changed" moments:

About fifteen years ago I visited my Mom in Eugene, Oregon, my first visit to that city. We drove from the airport and through downtown Eugene. I spotted a woman riding a bicycle. No blouse, no bra, no bikini top, nothing... boobs on full display. Damn near sprained my neck my head spun around so fast.

Fast forward five years. I'm in Eugene again and at a gas station getting fuel for my rental car. I strike up a conversation with the friendly clean-cut young fellow working there. I talk a little bit about Wyoming and what a great place it is to live. He sighs and says "I sure wish I could live in a place like that." I comment that Eugene seems like a pretty nice place to live. He then said: "I can't wait to get out of here. Just look around, so many freaks and weirdos." He did have a point. Laughing

ChadFromCanadaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 20, 2014 - 06:47 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Dave: I know they're a fair distance away from each other, but Portland, OR is known as the hipster city.

CaptainVagueOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 21, 2014 - 11:42 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

All I know is that people are getting dumber. I never thought I'd see the day that pork loin and chicken breast would sell for $2 a pound but folks will pay $6 a pound for bacon and chicken wings. Shocked

"When he did show up we had a hard time finding something for him to do. Then one day he shows up and puts that great slide on "No Expectations". That was the last contribution I think Brian ever made." - Mick Jagger

ChadFromCanadaOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 21, 2014 - 10:41 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

CaptainVague wrote:
All I know is that people are getting dumber. I never thought I'd see the day that pork loin and chicken breast would sell for $2 a pound but folks will pay $6 a pound for bacon and chicken wings.

I wish. I did the math (prices are in $/kg here) and the package of chicken in my fridge was $4.71 a pound.

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 22, 2014 - 05:40 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

ShadySam wrote:
Rider!
Her development was hard to miss (her mom lead by example, had her stuff out on display too).
I know that sounds SHADY, but the sad truth is i've seen this before.
Maybe it's just me, but seems like the natural order of things are askew in those scenarios..
Just my 2c. I think those goddamn baby pageants are ridiculous too. Trying to make a six year
old girl look grown/sexy. Then people are outraged when some creepy perv pedophile does
the unthinkable....sheesh.

On top of all that, it gives the girls the impression that the only way to get by in life is to look incredibly pretty. I'm blessed that both my girls are naturally beautiful but also gifted. I try to raise them with the notion that your inner beauty radiates more than your outer beauty, and part of that inner beauty is the talent you can offer the world. My older one loves to sing and has a terrific natural vibrato but I'm not gonna push the kid into talent shows (I can't even get her to volunteer for school choir).

Jump to: