The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
jasper33Offline
Post subject: ray hudson and the western rythmaires 45 autographed.  PostPosted: Jul 19, 2014 - 09:45 AM
Level 1
Level 1

I recently found an old dixie records 45 #1043 Ray Hudson and the western rythmaires "jackhammer" and "here I am drunk again" that has been autographed by Ray Hudson and 4 other members of the band. I've done research and have found 1 copy signed by just Ray Hudson that sold a few years ago for $150. I have tried to research who the members of the band were on the record and have found nothing. If anyone has any information about the band or the record or the signatures and how much this 45 might be worth with all 5 signatures it would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply with quote Back to top
wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: ray hudson and the western rythmaires 45 autographed.  PostPosted: Jul 19, 2014 - 11:19 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

this is a starday/dixie custom pressing, people collect these regardless of the content. "jackhammer" is a surf-country inst. [on no, i've gone off and created another category for records]. i would think about anyone who collects these starday/dixie custom pressed records would pay in the neighborhood of 100 dollars for a unplayed copy. if it's only in good condition the price would be a bit lower, but this kind of record usually brings a higher percentage in lower condition than most others do. if it was a RAB record the price would be much much higher, there's some very good rockers in this series and most of them are very rare.

http://rcs-discography.com/rcs/show_pic.php?key=5584&type=ls [from RCS]

jasper33Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 19, 2014 - 12:21 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the info. I have no record player at the moment to determine the playing quality but it looks great except for the dust. Since I found it at a garage sale I am not sure of it's history or where it came from. I have found a few examples of the record's value and the signature of Ray Hudson but have been unable to find out anything about the other musicians on the record or the value of such signatures

Last edited by jasper33 on Jul 19, 2014 - 03:45 PM; edited 1 time in total

jasper33Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 19, 2014 - 01:50 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to upload a photo of the disc and having trouble. any help appreciated

Jump to: