The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
j_loopOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 31, 2014 - 11:09 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Well, the only 2 names I can make out are Bob Dylan and Frankie Valli so that's half good right?
That would fill my wagon so many times, good luck if you have to move those beasts.
Are those 8 tracks or reels, I can't tell?

Reply with quote Back to top
elvisluvsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 01, 2014 - 09:16 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Hi CC & JL- it's a 10x10, it seems to average between 5'-6' tall throughout. There was also some in another unit, and I am buying some (apparently) from the same previous owner with a stack 5x10X5.
I'm guessing its "a lot". I think its a combination. Without digging too hard I saw some beatles, a couple old jazz labels, maybe 10 tubs of 45's, along with polka, country, disco singles, kid stuff...
A pretty even mix of tuc and more interesting titles.
I would say many are kind of rough- I did find a couple of sealed discs so far. I have to move them before I can really start the dig. Shocked
Jl- they are 8 track tapes Confused Wink
My friend who bought the third unit is dealing with a truckload of used vhs tapes Razz
-m

elvisluvsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 02, 2014 - 10:18 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

A bit of a follow up- a bit more grungy, leaning a bit towards country. There were less than expected in my friend's pile. Just because, I reached in a garbage bag in his pile. 3 hendrix on top Cool but they were moldy Crying or Very sad

elvisluvsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 13, 2014 - 07:23 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I rented a larger unit that had about 4x 10x4 albums. I sorted through the albums (roughly) in the picture shown. I kept 15-20 cases for a better look through. I had a friend donate about 30 cases.
I moved the rest and the unsorted 45's to the 10x20. Trying to quickly pack them in without overstacking them; there is no space left at 2-3' high.

It appears to have been a used record store. There were many group separators tucked into the 45's.
I would guess by volume its about 75% 45s, the rest lp's. -m

elvisluvsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 19, 2014 - 03:46 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I think at least some of the 45s came from a jukebox servicer. I found short stacks of john denver, andy williams, tony bennett etc. And quite a few juke box strips.

ShadySamOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2014 - 01:52 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

elvis ole bud, how goes it.
Did you get a good deal on that locker? Man I know that was some ball-bustin', moving those suckers!

elvisluvsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2014 - 11:52 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Hi Shady- still sorting and digging in the 10x20. I seperated about 2/3 of the lp's into the "further review" and "tuc" piles. The further reviews filled about 25 cube boxes so far. I assume there will be further culling when I go through them. The tuc unboxed is anywhere from 2-3x that. How many different releases did Frank, Johnny, Perry, Neil have? I have most if not all. Country. Many of them were thrift bought- condition is what you might expect. I did a bit of homework- the fella that owned them was (i think) a record dealer that specialized in 45's. Lots of well worns; quite a few promos. He passed away about 3 years ago, the records were put in storage at that time. A few rough but interesting old gospel lps. I did get a little lucky. A poor shape "the nation's nightmare". I knew it was good- not that good Wink
There were several 4' tubs full of 45's. Picking those up alone was interesting. The push this week is trying to get the unit empty. Baby made it pretty clear she wants to keep the car in the garage. I have some space left in my folks garage- maybe I can pack the rest in. Shady- the warhol cover will pay for most of the purchase. The monthly rental is a bit under $300.
I'm thinking its a pretty good buy- thanks for asking- m
Ps- if knuckle head remembers- i'll try to take a couple of mid dig pics.

elvisluvsOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 04, 2014 - 08:51 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Finally finished the lp sorting. For having a mild summer here in ct- september has been kinda hot n sticky. Particularly in the storage unit . I did stumble across a couple of interesting items in the last few boxes- a stinky tina louise, a kurosawa soundtrack, a psych meditation disc. Lord, I am so tired... Cool

Jump to: