The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
aravelOffline
14 Post subject: ::: How to deal with this buyer??  PostPosted: Jul 26, 2014 - 02:13 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: Every once in a while you get one buyer like this one:

He bough the CD, and took 5 days to make contact with me, after I put the 'unpaid item' choice on him.
So it seems that he didn't read my auction where it claims item must be paid within' 3 days. Instead, I got this messages being
such a picky and demanding bastard.

Read his meesages:

[i]1. Hello from Poland!

I apologize for the lack of contact and payment.

I'm the biggest Sigur Ros CD's and vinyl record collector in Poland.

I write because I have special instructions regarding packing. In Poland the packages are brutally treated.

Hence my request:

1. Insert "( )" (with disc inside of book) into additional transparent and clean plastic bag. You can use ANY plastic bag but it must be NEW and CLEAN.
2. Wrap it in a large quantity of bubble foil and gently secure with adhesive tape.
3. Send a whole in a sturdy cardboard box with approximate dimensions 180x150x100 milimeters or similar (but not smaller).

Please DO NOT send "( )" in a bubble envelope because THIS IS NOT sufficient protection.
Package must be very strong and must be resistant to crushing.
Otherwise white "( )" book will be CREASED during transport.

I don't want it in such a condition! After transport "( )" must be in the same condition as on the auction/listing photo and description.

This rare spanish CD album must arrive in intact condition without of any damage.

I'm demanding CD's and vinyl record collector. Please remember about that. What will be the cost of shipping according to my instructions?
Best Regards
[/i]

::::::::: Later on my response, I send more pics of the cd, I suggested him to pay $15 USD more for a faster, safer delivery courier all the way to Poland, the 'Greatest Collector Ever in Poland, says, he's gonna think about it:

Hello again,

Thank you for the pictures. Beautiful release! Please put it into a reseleable clear plastic bag and do not touch it any more. I'm demanding collector. I want to get "( )" in the best possible condition. I don't know if I understood correctly: The white disc is outside the book and is placed in a plastic bag? Could you carefully move it into a clean thick plastic case? There will be more protected against scratches. I would like to see the disc in this plastic case. Could you show me the disc in this plastic case? I will write to you tomorrow regarding shipping. I have to think.
Best Regards

::::: 4 more days after this one, yesterday....

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response. This disc is not safe in a book or in a paper envelope with flap. You should know that as a music collector. I want that the "( )" disc was placed in a thick plastic Jewel Case. The book must be placed in a reseleable plastic bag, then wrapped in a large amount of bubble foil. The plastic Jewel Case (with disc inside) must be placed in another reseleable plastic bag and separately wrapped in a large amount of bubble foil. At the end, the whole must be sent in a large and sturdy cardboard box. Such as in this photo:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/eb/Box.agr.jpg ---- > Is he sure about this?

What are the dimensions of your cardboard box? Write if you can prepare my package exactly according to my instructions and what will be the cost of shipping (higher than $12 or the same?).

------> I don't want fast shipping.<---------- Recently, I received a cardboard box (cardboard package) from Mexico. It contained three Sigur Ros CD's and was very slow (over a month) but all CD albums arrived in an intact condition thanks to my instructions regarding packing. I paid $10.5 for shipping and this package was sent as "Correos De Mexico - Correo Registrado Internacional". On the back was a customs form (Declaración De Aduana CN 22). There it was written that the contents of the package are 3 CD's. With this information my package has not been opened by customs. For this reason all CD's are in intact condition and still factory sealed. If the package was opened by customs then its contents have been unsealed and probably damaged by them. -------------->I hope that this time my package from Mexico also will not be opened by customs, Best Regards
--------> Not my problem, buddy! I do not work neither Mexico or Poland Postal System Office.

::....Should I give his money back? how picky is this guy...he want 100% accuracy of get his item in perfect conditions on arrive after a Transatlantic shipping all the way to Poland paying $10 USD...sure...I got the box made in material which I my opinion will test such a long trip, but don't know the conditions at arrival.

I offered him to send it on EMS service (DHL, FEDeX, UPS) and he said no.(Paying more money, why? He claims to be a real proffesional collector on this band named Sigur Ros, has 1000 questions on the way I ship my items, or how I mantain the cds and LPs I have for sale, he also wants his package not to be opened by customs on Poland.

If I buy an item this "expensive and collectible" ---a 60 USD cd in a digipak-book-format-- and it really is that rare and scarce, let's say, from U2, probably I would take the advice from the seller, and chances are I will ended up paying more bucks for a faster way to get such expensive and delicate item to avoid crushing or whatever damage on the transit, instead demanding how I like to be pack my item, that's two different things.

Paypal has selected this transaction in their SELLER PROTECTION PROGRAM, must be due the parcels lost on the way to Poland, I guess, just like the good ol' Mexican Postal way. SO if the package gets lost, I'm not refunding any cent.

Any advice should be taken, I swear I want to give his money back and tell him his a pain in the ass.

ARAVEL
Cool

gypsyeyes wrote:

Now.......I know that aravel said that is an older photo of himself.
But let me tell ya, to me he looks pretty hot.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Reply with quote Back to top
SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 26, 2014 - 02:21 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Aravel,you are not gonna please this guy no matter how you pack it. Sounds a little flaky to me. I'd send his money back and forget about him. No sense in losing your money and your CD. JMO

RidinTheWind
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 26, 2014 - 02:28 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

After reading this guy's emails, my thought is to tell the loon you will Frisbee him the disc! Seriously though, this guy sounds like trouble. I agree with Sid, make some excuse and refund his money.

j_loopOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 27, 2014 - 11:21 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

How's their feedback? At any rate, he should know that what happens through customs is entirely out of your control.

aravelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 27, 2014 - 02:12 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::: j

He's the kind of guy who left feedback comments like this:

♪♫ Great Condition. Fast & Good Protected Package. Easy Communication ♫♪

Confused

You know, all those serious collectors use these sentences and paragraphs all the time. I've asked some guys at eBay, we commented on the messages. They said, "no Problem, we got you covered". I'll keep the money and will please this clown.

Let's see what happens.

In the news, finally after 2 years listing it, FINALLY I sold that PRINCE-SIGN O' THE TIMES 2LP mexican pressing. $50 USD...very nice. Jacket Still in shrink, NM records. A sealed copy sold for 100 USD 3 years ago...so I'm more than pleased!

ARAVEL Cool

gypsyeyes wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
hany
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 27, 2014 - 10:01 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

make a refund for any reason
and refine your shipping destinations away from eastern europe

throbbingpuppyOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 28, 2014 - 07:54 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I would not sell to this guy. No way.

heyjoeOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2014 - 08:52 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

He's not going away if you refund him--he wants that CD...

SID
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2014 - 08:53 AM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

heyjoe wrote:
He's not going away if you refund him--he wants that CD...

You can block him.

aravelOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Jul 29, 2014 - 10:01 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

::. Despite all good advice from my friends at the RCG, I sent the cd to the GReatest Collector Ever who has lived in Poland...

I took a bunch of pics of the CD before, in the middle of the packing process, and, hell, even at the Postal Office counter.

Tracking number and receipt also have been scanned. I'll keep'em until the guy gets the package. If I get a Negative comment, I'll made a frontal deffense of my shipping method
and will show the pics to eBay & Paypal.

If the cd gets lost, not my fault: secure options were offer, none were taken. My auction listing mentions these options and the price too.

Also, my 100% positive feedback as a seller must be a strong background on this case, if anything turns ugly.

https://dmkmgq.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2px_p2WURedCgBmvC_P2BfLU-4wpNcD8YEnss15pL0HfQsOoWGpLrkxPGG951zkiK8Gec_RO0RvAeccRc60tyg7oBIg6M4wsTgu-mXpzcx0Bs/polonia_1.jpg

I do not sell anything but CDs and LPs, so You could tell I know how to sell, pack and ship those items just based on my comments made by those who bought from me.

ARAVEL Cool

gypsyeyes wrote:

Jump to: