The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2014 - 11:12 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

"color me clueless"

Reply with quote Back to top
vinylhoundOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 20, 2014 - 11:33 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

^
You'll be okay.

vinyl1Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 21, 2014 - 07:49 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

The hard one is the 'Hatari' soundtrack. I have beautiful copies of Peter Gunn and Mr. Lucky, and an OK copy of Breakfast at Tiffany's. They are cheap when found in the wild, but you have to try a lot of copies before you find one that plays perfectly.

wand143Offline
Post subject: Re: RE: Part Two: Other Things You Find At Flea Markets, Thr  PostPosted: Aug 22, 2014 - 05:47 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

geo58000 wrote:
wand143 wrote:
Yeah, the signs are turning up for cheap - even the "Christian" thrifts carry them.
I just spent an hour in an independent second-hand store (no charity - the guy who runs it is a "picker" but his price are reasonable) where the aisles were well-categorized; clothing in one section, DVD

Well, In Milwaukee, I'd expect a lot of cool tavern signs to turn up in the thrifts...
but here in Colorado, it's pretty much all Coors. Sad

I was a former beer can collector (my collection went beyond the Obligatory 100 Cans Eventually Thrown Into A TV Box And Stored In The Garage - I think I topped out at around 1100) and I remember Walter of Pueblo, CO had some neat stuff - the Colorado Gold Label can was especially pretty. Of course, considering they went out of business in 1973, it's probably tough to find those promo items nowadays.

wurlitzer1450Offline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Part Two: Other Things You Find At Flea Markets,  PostPosted: Aug 22, 2014 - 07:13 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

the beer cans that still sell well are the "Sheridan" beer cans from Sheridan Wyoming and "Beckers" from Evanston Wyoming. green river brewing in green river Wyo never had cans as far i can tell.

elvisluvsOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Part Two: Other Things You Find At Flea Markets,  PostPosted: Aug 22, 2014 - 11:39 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

It wasn't me, and he's unsure it's real (though a couple of more knowledgeable folks thought it was). I have a wheeler dealer friend who is both lucky and quite smart with anything of value. It is unsigned- so proving real might be quite challenging; he picks up for pocket change a painting by jean-michel basquiat. And to add a little more zing... in Bridgeport Rolling Eyes Yeah-I'm jealous Embarassed
I'm not knowledgeable- up close it looks like the same artist's work as the google pics.

ChadFromCanadaOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Part Two: Other Things You Find At Flea Markets,  PostPosted: Aug 25, 2014 - 06:34 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

I'm still going to the thrifts pretty regularly, after almost every gym session (thrift is right across the street from the gym). Always looking out for books, movies, CDs/LPs, video games and useful household items (got a nice restaurant style beer schooner for a few bucks recently). Been getting back into reading in a big way and like all media I find it very enjoyable to get stuff that I am after for a good price, just by stumbling upon it at a thrift. I've got a big backlog of books but I'm working diligently on finishing them (mostly when sitting outside on the weekends or on work breaks).

vinylhoundOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 27, 2014 - 06:08 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

$40 over the weekend. Sold for $220 yesterday. Rear hub was a mess. Did nothing to it.

http://postimg.org/image/6xfqc19sv/

http://postimg.org/image/kvj1982rj/

http://postimg.org/image/ftyidgdi5/

wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Aug 30, 2014 - 04:23 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

One item I had to pass on at a recent flea market was a stone-mint 1960 hardtop Thunderbird with fender skirts. Don't know what the guy was asking for it but he took up a whole dealer space with just that gem. I mean, it was worthy of applause - the condition was flawless without being artificially beautified.

geo58000Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 02, 2014 - 11:39 AM
Level 5
Level 5

I just got back from our family's 4th camping trip of the summer, and thought I'd mention this:
Back in May, I found a like-new GE Superadio III for $1 at a garage sale..and now that I had a chance to use it all summer, I can say it's the best buck I ever spent.
Stations that were previously hard to pull in at the various campsites came in loud and clear.
If you do a lot of camping, these Superadios are awesome.

Jump to: