The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wand143Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Sep 03, 2014 - 05:53 AM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

Earlier this year at a town-wide rummage (the one which was the source of the 400+ 45s for $5 - I mentioned it before) I spotted a brand-new, never-used (still had the sales tag on it) John Deere baseball cap - good cotton cap, embroidered design...fifty cents!!! So I go to a flea market at an antique power show (tractors, engines, things that go chiggity-chiggity) and spotted the same cap at two different dealer spaces...understandably, one was $8 and the other was $10. But the best score there was a guy who had DOZENS of unused blank cassettes - Maxell, TDK and Sony - all normal bias but at 3 for $1 I COULD not pass this guy up. I was tempted to buy all of them outright but I thought, nah, it was the second day of a three-day market and the previous day was rainy, so I thought I'd let him make as much money as possible. I settled for 30 tapes which will keep my deck spinning through 2015.

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: