The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
justintimerecordsOffline
Post subject: Bad buyer report on ebay (August 2014)  PostPosted: Aug 17, 2014 - 06:16 PM
Level 2
Level 2

Hello everybody,

It's been a while since I have posted on this board but I just had a major dilemma with a recent sale on eBay. I am truly venting and sending a warning out to everybody to avoid the username: rerichards at all costs...

I just sold a high end 12" single last month, the first issue was the buyer promised payment but it would be late claiming he was on vacation. I should have received the payment on August 1st, 2014 but instead a week later with no communication from him. I repeatedly sent messages and I did not hear from him for over a week, not to mention an unpaid item case was open at this time and I had escalated it. Still, no response until (4) minutes of the case closing in my favor he paid for the item and sent this message: "Thanks for been patient." that is word for word.

He received the record and told me he is unsatisfied and demanded his money back in full return. I stated the record was warped in the auction page and I also provided a sound sample so anyone who wished to bid on the record could hear it before buying it. I made sure I was covered on all angels.

He tells me the record skips, I provided a sound sample of the first minute and forty-five seconds so if this slight edge warped caused it to skip it would have been heard by all, but it didn't!

He is demanding his money back, I am now in the process of another case opened by him and I am awaiting to receive the record back in the condition I sold it.

Has anyone heard of him before or dealt with him on or off the internet? His feedback score is low but is mainly positive, SURPRISINGLY!

I think it's ridiculous how some buyers act, why bid so high if you knew you would be disappointed in the end? It almost felt like a set up to me, the buyer takes over two weeks to pay, minutes of the case closing in my favor he pays, and than claims he received the record late and that it skips and has a warp, well yeah... it has a warp I MENTIONED IT DID!

Thoughts please...................

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: