The Record Collectors Guild Forum Index

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lnb2118Offline
Post subject: classical vinyl records to sell  PostPosted: Sep 01, 2014 - 09:32 PM
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone interested, or have recommendations for selling, a collection of classical, jazz, and big band records? 33's and 78's.

Reply with quote Back to top
vinyl1Offline
Post subject: RE: classical vinyl records to sell  PostPosted: Sep 03, 2014 - 08:56 PM
R.C.Guild-SMR
R.C.Guild-SMR

Very probably of no value. Only one classical record in 1000 commands any interest.

Jazz, maybe, although if found in a collection of big band and classical records not as likely. Listeners who liked classical and big band were not going to buy Coltrane, Monk, or Miles Davis.

jimbooOffline
Post subject: RE: classical vinyl records to sell  PostPosted: Sep 05, 2014 - 06:34 PM
R.C.Guild-SM
R.C.Guild-SM

When you buy a collection of 800 and throw 750 in the landfill you stop buying collections, I still buy small bundles and enjoy checking the values out, win or lose I know I have some good stuff to listen to. Just spend some time on ebay completed listings and see if they sell. I have stopped selling anything under $10 and usually have a $25 minimum guarantee,as it is not worth the hassle.

Jump to: