The problem is I would really like my next table to have USB connectivity for my musical pursuits. I am a heavy vinyl sampler.
I've got my eye on that U-turn Orbit now for 180 bucks. It seems pretty damn nice at that price. I do like that LP-120 but it seems just a bit bulky and has way more features than I would ever want. I like the more streamlined look.
Whatya guys think of the Orbit? Has really nice reviews so far. I figure if I get something like that, I can keep the Numark deck around for when I sample vinyl into Ableton and only use it for that.
I dunno, my head is really spinning. And it's not like i have some super duper system to play it out of either. I have 2 powered Yamaha HS-5 that I use for mixing audio. That will be my playback system in my tiny little studio which will double as my listening room as there is no room in the living room for a set up that I would like.
You really don't need "USB connectivity" on a turntable to listen to records or do vinyl to digital transfers.
I use the following:
1) Technics SP-15 or Technics SL-1200 for playback.
2) connected to a stand alone phono preamp (Bugle Pro)
3) connected to the input on a M-Box Pro analog-to-digital interface
4) connected to my PC via firewire (Goldwave software for creating & editing WAV files)
5) output of the M-Box Pro connected to a line level input on a conventional stereo receiver & speakers.